• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Room temperature for digital print

elbandito57

I have a Roland VS-640 and I want to know about what sort of room temperature conditions people operate in for digital print? It's starting to get cold here and I want to be safe for when winter properly hits. I have an electric thermostat heater keeping the room around 17C/65F. I would risk keeping it a bit lower than that if I knew it would be OK? What do you guys reckon?

Thanks in advance

elbandito57

Thanks guys. I live in a barn so the room loses heat pretty quickly. I have a thermostat heater in the printing room to keep it warm but gonna have to crank it up shortly as it's getting cold. My Dad pays the electric bill so i can see an argument brewing!

mtssmill

Running around 70 F. But have run above and below that. More important to make sure temperature is constant or colours will not be consistant. I have run in a garage before (but never a barn) humidity and condenstation regardless of temp. are your biggest concerns or your in for a host of issues.

Running around 70 F. But have run above and below that. More important to make sure temperature is constant or colours will not be consistant. I have run in a garage before (but never a barn) humidity and condenstation regardless of temp. are your biggest concerns or your in for a host of issues.

Humidity is main issue. Without humidity at between 30%-70% thats when the issues begin as for it influences ink viscosity and jets performance(print heads). When not operating in this environment you will have ink dropout, banding and overall poor performance from your output device.

Humidity is by far the biggest factor. Print environment should be 72 degrees at all times a dip or bump in that will not effect print production.

Non proper humidity will be a thorn in your side always..