• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

round corner machine for dibond, aluminum and coroplast

bigben

I'm looking for a machine to make round corner on a variety of stock. It goes from paper, dibond, aluminum and coroplast. I've made a search on the forum and the accutter seems to be a solution. I would like to be able to cut 3mm and 6mm dibond and 0.63 aluminum.

What woul you suggest me?

Thanks.

Ben

GB2

Old Member
If I were cutting aluminum corners, I'd be ordering an Accu Cutter 80. I have a Lassco Wizer CR50 and I'm thinking about trying it on 3mm aluminum composite today. I'll let you know how that turns out but if anybody has any info on that before I ruin my cutter, please let me know.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Rounded Corner Smashing

I'm looking at getting a accucutter cornermate plus and wondering if someone can give some feedback.
We cut our blanks first and then print and clear coat through a roll system.
I'm wondering if the accucutter smashes the corner in a little.
If this is the case when you run it through a roll coater the edges don't get coated since they are a different thickness.
Thanks
Jeremy

moonrakercat

I finally bought this one for 150$ and it work like a charm.
Desktop Round Corner Cutting Machine
Hi Bigben - sorry to open this old thread up - at the beginning of the thread you mentioned you were looking that would work with 3mm or 6mm dibond - and at the end of the thread you mentioned you found something you were happy with - the hand model from asc365 - you posted a link to it also.

I saw in that thread a post about the xpertsignplus 4 sided metal professional die that works with an arbour press - but it is also very expensive.

I have a job where I need to corner round a bunch of dibond 3mm - just touching base to see if your unit would work with the 3mm - have you tried it ?? (I may consider purchasing the same unit if it does)

Any help you can give is appreciated.
Thanks- Moonrakercat.

bigben

Hi Bigben - sorry to open this old thread up - at the beginning of the thread you mentioned you were looking that would work with 3mm or 6mm dibond - and at the end of the thread you mentioned you found something you were happy with - the hand model from asc365 - you posted a link to it also.

I saw in that thread a post about the xpertsignplus 4 sided metal professional die that works with an arbour press - but it is also very expensive.

I have a job where I need to corner round a bunch of dibond 3mm - just touching base to see if your unit would work with the 3mm - have you tried it ?? (I may consider purchasing the same unit if it does)

Any help you can give is appreciated.
Thanks- Moonrakercat.

Yep, work perfectly for the 3mm. I use it few times per week and it still work flawless.