• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rounded Corners on Magnetic Material

Jillbeans

1-S can and the "good" scissors, try to make it a clean curving sweep of a cut so you don't get those little crinkle chop marks.
Love....Jill

Sign Works

This elementary task could be performed with simple basic tools such as a coin as a guide and an x-acto knife, magnetic material cuts quite easily. In a business environment most shops choose a more proper tool designed specifically for this task, see pic for example.

Attachments

• media.jpg
    media.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 81

SignManiac

I use CorelDraw's corner rounding function, I believe it's F-10. I have a set of scissors that plug into a USB port and you can scale the radius to any size you need so long as it's an outside corner. The scissors are a bit pricey but come in really handy. I haven't figured out how to do haircuts yet, that might require a different software program.:scream:

Gene@mpls

Main Trophy MAXI 3-in-1 tool-

Anyone have an approximate price- I got tired of looking on their site. Ya
can't have too many tools.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This is all anyone needs to cut magnetic material. This and your favorite pencil. If you have the other tools laying around, then use them, but anyone going out and spending more then $10. to cut magnetic material needs to have their head examined.
scissors.jpg

cmaxdesigns

Thanks everyone. I used a large coin for the drawing the template and scissors to cut.
It worked OK but I can tell it is not a perfect cut, I need practice I am sure but do you all get a perfect cut every time (seems hit and miss).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You can use sand paper to make a cleaner edge when you're finished cutting with a scissors if you're not up to par with the hand cutting part yet.

J Hill Designs

meh perfect enough...I use a diameter template thingy (the plastic drawing template with different size holes) to get diff't radii for diff't looks (I think a paint can etc has too much of a radius for normal size mags, I usually use 1" diam (.5" radius)