Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Routing Bits for Zund

Discussion in 'CNC Routing & Laser Cutting' started by Marty Thompson, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Marty Thompson

Marty Thompson New Member

Jun 11, 2020
    Rossville, GA
    Hello,

We are wanting to route into wood with different router bit profiles. We have a Zund with the router toolchanger. The types of bits that Zund offers have limited profiles and when we spoke with them they said that we would have to get custom bits made. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we can get these bits?

Tags:
  2. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Onsrud has quite a few metric shank bits

3. John Miller

John Miller Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Branford, Connecticut
    I get my bits from Tools Today. I'm in CT, they are in NY. One day shipping free.
    www.toolstoday.com

4. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    Do you have the 1 kw router? If so, I haven't found a solution either because it has to have the stop ring to hold it in place in the ARC changer. If you have the 3.6kw router you can use anybody's bit as long as it has the right shank diameter for your collet.

5. Devon19515

Devon19515 Member

Jan 12, 2015
    Georgia
    Ballewsaw.com

6. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    You can use any bit with a 6mm shank - you just have to do the bit change manually through the front panel.