• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Royal Sovereign RSC-1650 Laminating Problem

Victorian Signs

Have a Royal Sovereign RSC-1650 laminator, never sent any boards substrates thru it, now when I start to laminate a 4' x 8' print, starts out OK, but 1/2 way thru, about every 4" revolution, on the 4" width, it starts leaving a void, not tight sandwich, with small air pockets, not large, but it is extremely noticable, rollers have no cuts, I am the only person who runs this machine, noticed when I laminate 2 mil glossy, high performance, this laminator is in fantastic, shape, about 8 yrs old, but not used hard at all, not sure what is wrong. Never had an issue with this system, now the large prints look terrible, any help....................please

THANK YOU...............BOB:banghead:

rjssigns

Bad roll of lam. Had it happen twice where the lam would leave evenly spaced "stripes"(voids). It is the result of improper rewinding technique(factory) and is more noticeable in the beginning or end of the roll.

MikeH

Did you have a wrap around? Sounds like you may have bent the journals. It could also be a bad sprocket, if so you will hear the chain skipping.

anotherdog

possibly your tension is a little light, that can create a ripple D, too tight can create a V going out.
You can adjust yourself, but you have to know what you are doing and what to look for.
I have the same laminator and just watched the service tech make the adjustments.

If you had bent journals the D would be there from the start.

Victorian Signs

I finished off the roll of 3M 8518, that I was having problems with, what a nightmare................decided to do a test on a 4' x 8' bad print, with Oracal 290 cast, paper backing.........laminate, ran it ................perfect,

I THINK THE SLIPPERY MYLAR BACKING PAPER WAS CAUSING ME AN ISSUE........BEEN RUNNING OTHERS SINCE WITH ORACAL 290

HEAVENLY DREAM..............I thought it was my Laminator........THANK GOD:clapping:

anotherdog

I use Oracal for that reason. Although Oracal is not so good with the big Squeegee, it works great with the laminator.