• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Royal Sovereign RSC1402-HW Laminator doesn't heat up

RJB Freethink

We've got a used RS 1402-HW Laminator that won't heat up. I'm having trouble finding any sort of trouble shooter for it to help me figure out what might be wrong. The only instruction in the manual we have says push the heat button to turn it on or off. I would assume there are fuses somewhere that might be blown or something, but I haven't found a schematic or anything to help. Is this a common problem and hopefully easy fix? Step by step instructions, details and pics are very much appreciated.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I don't mean to be rude, but those machines are cheap plastic Asian laminators and they rarely work after a few years. I'm sorry for being a complete schmuck for putting that out there, but I've been selling laminator for way too long and I always feel horrible for the people who buy them as opposed to mad for losing a sale.

unmateria

I agree with Mark. Buying that things is like buying and old motorbike. You pass more time below them than riding them.

Yes, check fuses (altough never seen a blown one in a laminator) first and check main resistor end caps. Usually the resistor (the nicrom cable that goes inside the glass tube) break there. But if you cant buy parts, you are really xxxedup with trying to repair one of those if they are break in the middle.

Medina Signs

Old Member
Here is supports contact info - they have been very helpful to me in the past - Good Luck.

Mon-Fri, 8:30AM - 5:30PM (EST)
1(201) 750-1020

RJB Freethink

One of the main resistor end caps and the wiring attached to it were burnt to a crisp. Replacement is $284. Not quite the cheap, easy fix I was hoping for, but doesn't seem to bad. I appreciate the help.