• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Running Perforated

genxsignshop

I am running a VJ-1204 and trying to print perforated. It prints part of my image and sends a "end of roll" message. How can I get past this or is there something about printing perf i'm missing.

guitarguy69

I've had the issue with the same type of media. I'll cover the optical eye to resolve the problem, but DO NOT forget about it and run a roll out and dump ink everywhere. Not that I've done that, lol.

genxsignshop

not to sound completely dumb, but where exactly is the optical eye located. I swear i've done it before but having an extremely off day and dont remember.

copythat

End of media

Also could be that your film is skewed going in. That's what my old & new Mutoh does.

genxsignshop

I've had the same problem before with this mutoh. only happens on perforated. i think my work around last time was to put a sheet on the back of the printer where the material rolls onto. that way its solid as the material is going into the machine. this sheet is 4' x 5' so i really don't want to waste any more second guessing trying to fix it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The sensor you need to cover is inside a hole in the middle platen, underneath the pinch rollers and about 12" from the left of the machine if you are looking from the back. You can just put tape over the hole and it will always think material is in there.

CRD

To not forget you run the sensor covered put a piece of perforated over your control keys. :)

Paco

Compilla

It makes sense, sensor it is getting light, hence the error. ( Clear backing paper + material has holes ) :banghead: