• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

rush job

WOODBS

Had a great customer give me a disc friday at 4:00 with 32 banners to be completed bt 10 am sat,, whew!
What would be you guys normal turn around and what rush charge? They are 28" x 36"...thanks

BadAss

Longer than 18 hours, and a good amount if they wanted them on a Saturday. They'd be cuttin' into my riding time, and that's costly...M*

Craig Sjoquist

I hand letter so depends on copy that small of banner.
But if they are willing to pay me, I'm willing to work most of the night till done and or finish up in morning.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Printing time would be a little under two hours. Hem them... about another 3 hours and grommets if needed would be an hour or so.

• Total... about $45. or so each.
  • Rush factor... add about $5. per banner.
  • Cut into drinking time on a Friday night..... priceless !!

Mosh

Printing time would be a little under two hours. Hem them... about another 3 hours and grommets if needed would be an hour or so.

• Total... about $45. or so each.
  • Rush factor... add about $5. per banner.
  • Cut into drinking time on a Friday night..... priceless !!

Hate to agree with Geno but...+ + + + +

Custom Bob

$5. for rush factor on a Friday night. Sounds cheaper than a corner whore. I'd add around $10 - $20. per banner. Otherwise I'd be enjoying my Friday night with a pizza and beer.

onthego signguy

If this customer spends a lot of money with me throughout the year 2k and up, I would have done a $ 50 poor planning on you part does not mean an emergency on my part charge, cause your a good customer discount rush charge, caus I like you and won't rip you charge. On the other hand if under 2k per year I'm gonna git you for an extra $100 caus I can charge. But in rather case I would not list it as such I would just add it in and give the guy a bottom line price as I don't like to rub a customers nose in there poor planning skills.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
$5. for rush factor on a Friday night. Sounds cheaper than a corner whore. I'd add around $10 - $20. per banner. Otherwise I'd be enjoying my Friday night with a pizza and beer.

That's an extra $1,000 dollars for working a few extra hours. Seems well worth it to me and will send a message to him to plan better on his own without scaring him away to the competition.

PromoGuyTy

If this customer spends a lot of money with me throughout the year 2k and up, I would have done a $ 50 poor planning on you part does not mean an emergency on my part charge, cause your a good customer discount rush charge, caus I like you and won't rip you charge. On the other hand if under 2k per year I'm gonna git you for an extra $100 caus I can charge. But in rather case I would not list it as such I would just add it in and give the guy a bottom line price as I don't like to rub a customers nose in there poor planning skills.

The ONLY way to help them improve their poor planning skills is to hit 'em in the pocketbook.

jdoug5170

If they did not deliver a very good bottle of single malt scotch with the files I would not be doing the job at all!

Fanaticus

We usually don't do rush orders, just never really had enough customers asking for it to implement a pricing scale for it or offer it as an option.

BUT... occasionally someone wants something small done quick and we are able to slip it into the production schedule for the day. It only takes a couple quick steps to fit it into the process and doesn't really affect other customers' production estimates.... that's a $20 charge.

Then, when it comes to tinting someones car windows we only offer it on wednesday-friday (too busy with other stuff on mon & tues).... but if someone wants it done on the weekend there's a $100 extra charge for taking me away from my family for a couple hours on the weekend. Otherwise everybody wants it done on a saturday at noon.