• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion S40600 or HP115 for stickers?

ikarasu

Seems signwarehouse has 24" to support there machines. Not promoting them but I see it on their site. Who makes and what is model of a decent 30" I wasnt finding anything. I seem to find 24" then up to 54" or I think 1 30" I did find and it was almost as much as the 54" if I remember right.

I mean... if you want to be locked into one vendor for vinyls, sure. Not to mention the only brand they have is prismjet... which seems to be their in house brand. Cheap calendared crap for $100 a 24" roll...

Where as you can get a 54" roll of the same quality (Still garbage) for $100 elsewhere.

For stickers... I'd go with 30" rolls of IJ35, and overlam them with 8048 or 8508. About $120 a roll for a good name brand vinyl thats not garbage. Or if you want cheaper, Bigfish has some nice cheap vinyls that are in the $100-150 price range for 54".

Nevermind finding a 24" canvas, or 24" Poster, or whatever else you want to do.

You're looking at 7K for the 24" Printer and cutter. Or you can buy a 115 With the titan 3 for 9K... I'd go even further and say spending the 10k and getting the really nice summa cutter is better.

You have to look at the bigger picture... Saving a few grand isn't worth being limited to 24" media, getting an inferior cutter... using 200 ML ink carts (That likely costs way more), using the vinyl express rip instead of the decent flexi print and cut software... etc.

a 24" Machine just limits yourself way too much. I wouldn't even call it a good hobby machine... It's more for people that have a very specific use for 24"... Which may be you, but 9/10 people will regret not going bigger than 24" within a month of buying that machine.