• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S80600 grey turning brown

Device drift will become apparent in neutrals (grays and pastels) way before ever being visible in saturated hues.

Tatonka

I blew up the new print. And I don't know if the photo shows it well.

Attachments

• PXL_20200910_124004481.jpg
    PXL_20200910_124004481.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 207

neutrinocv

Can you RIP from a stand alone computer or remove the Illustrator from the current computer ? Or maybe try to uninstall/reinstall your RIP program ? Just trying to think outside the box here... I have an S40600 BTW.

Tatonka

Can you RIP from a stand alone computer or remove the Illustrator from the current computer ? Or maybe try to uninstall/reinstall your RIP program ? Just trying to think outside the box here... I have an S40600 BTW.

uninstalling/reinstalling Onyx was going to be my next step. Pain in the rear.

neutrinocv

I hear ya ! Also check if the default settings of Illustrator has not been changed to something other than CMYK (RGB or other)... Just in case there would be some unknown/unseen interactions between the 2 programs (???). Like I said; just trying to think outside the box !

neutrinocv

uninstalling/reinstalling Onyx was going to be my next step. Pain in the rear.
I was always recommended to keep any RIP software on a separate computer running almost only the RIP program to avoid unwanted interactions or corruptions.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I was always recommended to keep any RIP software on a separate computer running almost only the RIP program to avoid unwanted interactions or corruptions.
Maybe 15 years ago. Should be no reason for this in todays day and age compute power unless it's a RIP server/workstation for multiple people and printers.

Tatonka

Maybe 15 years ago. Should be no reason for this in todays day and age compute power unless it's a RIP server/workstation for multiple people and printers.
I mean, I'm running windows on a pretty high spec iMac, with a single printer....it's definitely not related to the processing power or anything. At this point I feel like an update to windows or to the epson dashboard screwed something up.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted all my profiles, cleared everything I can think of and it still prints brownish. I did an ink refresh on the machine thinking that might help and it didn't change anything. I'm losing my mind on this thing, and I've got a pile of orders that I don't know if I can trust printing.

Commando

Updates can absolutely do that, Marshal. I turned off automatic updates for that very reason.
Did you try uninstall and reinstall yet?

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I blew up the new print. And I don't know if the photo shows it well.
Marshal,

I’ve looked at your photographs and compared the evaluation image to my copy. It appears the yellow is heavy (easy to see in the grayscale staircase and the spheres on the lower right) which explains
the warm tones in the grays.

So, properly recalibrate or properly create an ICC output profile to correct the issue after you've made sure the proper workflow setting have been made.

Know that most shops routinely image control files in order to notice quality control issues well before production volume gets delayed and cause headaches. From the first paragraph after the heading “How to do Recalibration” from the Onyx guide…

“Although Recalibration can be done in Media Manager, it’s probably more convenient for the printer operator to do this in conjunction with daily job submission work. So Onyx has added a toolbar button in Rip Queue to do recalibration right from the queue.”

Tatonka

I just printed a new job with different art, although it's entirely grey/black. It looks great. So wtf is going on with that particular pattern or set of files?

Commando

I just printed a new job with different art, although it's entirely grey/black. It looks great. So wtf is going on with that particular pattern or set of files?
On my 360 Latex, I did some signs for a golf course. A month or so later, they call back wanting more. I couldnt get that printer to print those same colors. I did everything i could and finally just had to match the colors to the original print. Which sucks. It was an entirely different CMYK. Im just glad i printed a sample to have something to go by lol
It threw me for a loop.

Tatonka

The more I looked at the other jobs I printed, they're off color as well. I think there was something with an update to epson edge dashboard last week that's causing this issue. So in the morning I'm going to totally uninstall everything related to the printer and start from scratch.

Snydo

There have been several updates for the dashboard in the last month or two, but would that effect Onyx at all? I thought the dashboard just monitored ink levels and other useless stats that you can see at the panel.
Spitballing here, but if you have any cartridges that are super low try swapping them out for full ones and run a cleaning or two.
A decent PC can easily run what your running...I have a SignBurst Inferno with an I7 CPU from late 20018 that runs ONYX Thrive, Flexi Cloud, Production Manager, and two different versions of Summa Cutter Control barcode server all day every day, and a browser with 3 or 4 tabs open and basically never have issues.

Last edited:

Tatonka

There have been several updates for the dashboard in the last month or two, but would that effect Onyx at all? I thought the dashboard just monitored ink levels and other useless stats that you can see at the panel.
Spitballing here, but if you have any cartridges that are super low try swapping them out for full ones and run a cleaning or two.
A decent PC can easily run what your running...I have a SignBurst Inferno with an I7 CPU from late 20018 that runs ONYX Thrive, Flexi Cloud, Production Manager, and two different versions of Summa Cutter Control barcode server all day every day, and a browser with 3 or 4 tabs open and basically never have issues.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the heck is going on. I uninstalled everything this morning and started from scratch. I swapped black yesterday, and just swapped out the Cyan and Light Cyan, they were the lowest at like 15%, then I did an ink refresh and it hasn't changed anything.

I even tried printing with each head individually to see if there's a wonky head causing the issue, that doesn't seem to have changed anything either.

The only way I've been able to get it to be even remotely close is to turn all profiles off under the quicksets.

jfiscus

Rap Master
You need to profile your printer yourself and create your own custom profile based off that.
After that, you need to fix your files' color-space issues.