• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SAM'S CLUB CREDIT Rant

JimJenson

I have a 790 credit score. I know this for fact.
My citibank visa if 30+ years jacked my interest from 12% to 27%. When I called them, they said 2 payments over the last 12 months were late. My next question is how late and which 2 payments were postmarked on or before the due date?

Unfortunately for me, their reply is that they dont go by postmark, they go by the date the payment is processed, but the worst of the two was 2 days late. Hum,,,

Unfortunately, I cannot control the time it takes to transport mail, not the amount of time it takes for citibank to "process" their inbound payments.

So I called Wachovia, who issued a card over the phone at 9%, transfered the balance, and left citibank with a zero balance. Since the credit line on citibank is big, my next guess is that they will either chop the avaliable balance or cancell the card.

The whole CC thing is a scam. I am glad I dont carry signifigant balance.

Techman

this si why the new credit card rules are going into effect.

And these new rules also explain why so many are taking some pipe from credit card companies. They can say what they want but there is revenge going on.

OldPaint

what the GOVT DID WRONG..............was setting the implementation date of the new rules SO FAR INTO THE FUTURE!!!! so the CC companies are doin their best to get all they can before that FEBRUARY 2010 date.

Team Valhalla

Be careful asking for that credit increase. It may effect your credit score in a negative way. If you are somewhat close with your banker ask him/her.

If they froze your card simply because of an early payment, screw 'em. Buy somewhere else.

I bought two Blackberry Curves over the past nine months and spent a pretty penny on them. Now, they're giving the freekin' things away! I called Sprint and told 'em what I thought of it.... yep, that got me far!

SP

Mosh

I bought two Blackberry Curves over the past nine months and spent a pretty penny on them. Now, they're giving the freekin' things away! I called Sprint and told 'em what I thought of it.... yep, that got me far!

That is why I always wait to get these new tech items. My brother paid $500 for a DVD player, guess what you can pick them up now for $50. So what if he had something no one else did for 2-3 months. I guess if you are the "have it first type" paying through the nose shouldn't bother you.

John L

Sam's Sucks - Tell them to keep it Pete. The wife hates it when I come along for Sam's Club. The whole time we are there I am complaining becuse we can substantially buy the same items, sometimes less quantity, for less money elsewhere... no one to ask any questions of regarding the items they carry... 25 checkout lines with 1 open... checking items against your receipt at the exit door (for some reason this is illegal by the way, they were recently sued and lost) they now say they are just counting your items. Sometimes the same items are cheaper at Walmart? Why do we pay a membership for this fantastic RETAILER?

tintguy31794

Sounds like a good time to cancel the card... you will be amazed at what they will want to negotiate with you to keep you using your card...

call them up (if you are fully prepared to close the card) tell them that the customer service and the interest rates are just too high on this card... here is where they will offer you a knew lower interest rate(hopefully)

good tip to keep in mind also guys and gals....
if you own credit cards,
every six months you are eligible to have your interest rates lowered!!!!

call at least once every six months and ask them if they can lower your interest rates, if your never late, this is never a problem!!! (unless you already have incredible interest rates (lower than 6.9%))

p.s. I hate credit cards

Just Me

i hate wal mart and everything about it, i would rather pay a little more money to help a local family-run business survive than shop any of the big chains. to each his own though:cool:

BobM

I watched a PBS show on the banking business this yesterday. They asked Senator Chris Dodd, Chairman of the Senate Banking committee if he thought he could be objective after the banking lobby gave him $7,000,000 in campaign contributions. That's why the banking/credit card industry can abuse their customers. Our government sold us out.

Team Valhalla

"I guess if you are the "have it first type" paying through the nose shouldn't bother you."

Mosh, You're such a screwdriver from Harbor Freight.

SP

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Sam's club gave me a cc with a $700 limit. I made a purchase of one item that was over $300 and they changed my credit limit to $150. I paid it off when I got the bill each time. I just don't use it anymore and save myself a stamp.