• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SAM'S CLUB CREDIT Rant

Poconopete

Get this one, I paid my balance in full on 11/20 but because I don't normally pay in full they locked my account until Dec 1. So the lady asks if I want a credit line increase? How does that help if you don't unlock the account? WTF?

JR's

Wow that sucks, and just before Christmas. Sam did something like that to me. I was disputing a bill and I did not pay it. While we were disputing the bill they marked my credit. I called and complained about the mock on my credit and thay
canceled my card.

Good luck with that one.

J.R.

Mosh

We pay all of our cards off each month in full (including Sam's) and have never had this happen. What is the reason they did this? I can't see them not wanting you buying stuff from them until Dec.

Poconopete

We pay all of our cards off each month in full (including Sam's) and have never had this happen. What is the reason they did this? I can't see them not wanting you buying stuff from them until Dec.
because I don't normally pay in full they locked my account

gabagoo

I dont understand the locking of an account? for what purpose does that serve other than to increase their revenues from interest charges...uh ok I see now lol.

Mosh

So you are saying the locked your account because you paid them? Has to be another reason. Call them up, if your balance it zero I can't see why you are locked up.

Poconopete

So you are saying the locked your account because you paid them? Has to be another reason. Call them up, if your balance it zero I can't see why you are locked up.
I did call and this is what she told me "because you don't normally pay in full they locked your account until Dec 1. Do you want a credit line increase?"

Mosh

Get the credit line increased then, still think there is another reason your missing. I can't see Sam's telling you they don't want any business from you because you paid them in full. Something else is wrong, call and get a supervisor.

Joe Diaz

I don't like how some cc companies are now punishing customers for paying on time or charging "non-usage" fees. Luckily mine haven't (yet), because I try to avoid using money I don't have, unless it's an emergency.

Poconopete

Paid with a bank transfer which is available next day for the rest of my cards. It was close to but not over the limit.

Attachments

• samsclub.jpg
    samsclub.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 95

MITCHATEXOTIC

Please clarify

Sorry, rephrase that as "Lawyers suck....ex-wives no longer do."
THEY JUST NO LONGER SUCK YOU......I am sorry couldnt resist,I had an ex who took a couple hundred k worth of equipment and hid it in Kentucky and I still had to pay for it......So I guess she still sux

Slowpoke17

Pete, it sucks but they(Sam's) are not the only ones to do this. When I was younger and trying to build credit, I had a card that I paid the balance off every month and they shut the card down, so when I called to ask why, they told me "We are not making money off you". They told me "Sorry, but it is what it is". Needless to say, I was done with them right then. If you can shop elsewhere, I would do it and let your friends, family, others know how you were treated. If you raise your limit, that is what they want-----More money for them! Good luck Pete, but don't buy into there crap unless you have to.

threeputt

The CC company's policy is no doubt reactive to a predetermined set of circumstances. Their limiting policy is the result of their experiences with similar scenarios.

My guess.

OldPaint

ALL CREDIT CARDS, for sams, sears, wally world home depot, lowes etc are either CITI or BANK AMERICA connected. now this just shows how big these companies have become. and with that comes the DISREGARD of its clients.
i have 2 BA credit cards, each has a credit limit of $19,000.00. but since i carried a balance over the years ive had them, they increased my interest to 30%..........and when i complained, they said we can leave you interest as it was.......BUT YOU CANT USE THE CARDS!!!!!!!!
since then ALL OF MY OTHER CARDS.......HAVE INCREASED TO THAT AMOUNT..........so now, i have ZERO CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
with less work coming in, inflation taking more to live, THEY DO THIS !!!!!!!!!!
its now become, ok, who will pay this month?????