• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Saving Versworks files HELP

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Hi. I'm trying to save a versaworks file on the server from 1 computer and open it in another computer with versaworks. I have the printer (1 printer only) setup on the network so all computers can communicate, they all have the same version of versaworks, same profiles, same settings. I can re-open the versaworks file on the same computer I saved it on but not any of the others. WHY? What am I doing wrong? Thanks

rydods

just trying to open that .rvw file and I'm making sure that the original file is on the server as well. I even took both files off the server and onto the computer I was trying to open it with. For some reason, no matter what. I can only open the .rvw file from the computer it was saved from.

J Hill Designs

I believe if the path is different, you cant (eg comp 1 is mapped to server at g:/ and comp 2 has it mapped to Y:/ for instance)?

I could be totally wrong, as I dont use the software

rydods

All of my files are shared on one server. I can open any other file on any computer at any time.

kanini

Try and save BOTH the source file and the VW file from VW on the server, e.g. when you open the save job dialogue you can choose to save only the .rvw file or .rvw file AND the source file. There's a dropdown box under the file name field if I remember correctly...

anotherdog

its the path, I am very careful to have the server on all the computers as "H" drive with the same naming conventions. that way all the links work. Remember the versaworks file is not the date, just the settings and the path to the elements.
This is the same for all programs that call on other files (illustrator, indesign etc.).

Of course if you save the source files (source+ .rvw) with the versaworks or one huge .prt file, you will need a rather large server.

rydods

I save everything to the "G" Drive which is the external hard drive on the server so I'm not sure what the issue is or why the path is not correct.