• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Say it ain't so, Shamu!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I just suffered through some network news being reporting on this incident. It was about five minutes of drivel liberally laced with adjectives like 'attack', 'vicious', 'unprovoked', 'horrifying' and a host of other pejoratives.

There is not a shred of evidence to support any of these terms. The vast majority of the population has never, as in ever, even been around large animals let alone dealt with them.

It never occurs to them that a 12,000 pound animal being playful can look a whole hell of a lot like vicious to a puny 150 pound human. If killing the human was this beast's agenda, the lady would have been dead in a micro-second, not picked up and playfully tossed around. Having watched an orca dispatch a very large shark in about that length of time I'm fairly certain of this.

I deal with horses every day and these animals can deal you serious damage up to and including killing you just by being a bit playful. They only tip the scales at a mere half ton or so.

signgal

So sad to hear...

Totally! I feel for the trainer (who knew what she was doing and at least died doing what she loved) and completely agree about the exploitation of the animals... it's just rough when you've grown up around it all.