• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC/CJ 500 problem carriage separation

slimlin

Hi All

I have a problem with my printer, it gives me this error after trying to separate the cutter carriage from the printer carriage if i make a Print&Cut demo, or i try to make a print&cut job.:

Internal error Mseperate_dispatch: Mistake to separate print carriage

Its a printer that has been bashed around, that i have rebuild, it runs fine and i have adjusted most or all the things i have to, i think.:

Motorbalance
limit position
encoder check
Cutdown position
enviromental match
Lock pos.

and more

I think all is correctly adjusted but i am not 100% on this

it will print or cut fine without any problems as separate jobs, only the separation for the combined jobs is a problem, after it does the mismatch i have to make an encoderstrip check to remove the error, in order to be able to make the cutter measure material size again.

Right now i am out of ideas how to proceed to solve this problem, i hope that some of you guys could help me to guide me in the right direktion.

I think this error have to apply to the other roland models too, so if you have the solution for one of the other models, pls dont hesitate to share it.

Kind regards & thanks for a great board

Jakob

Last edited:
Check your wire tension - if it is too loose the cutter tends to "whip" and get flicked from the heads. Most likely this is your problem. Cheers

slimlin

Ok, i will try that, this could be it, since i havent adjusted the wire tension exactly, ust by "feeling" since i dont own a tension meter.

But if there is more ideas of what it could be, pls let me know.

Thanks again

Jakob

sfr table hockey

I can't remember the error I got but I was getting a buzzing sound from the carriage and if you touched the wire or put a bit of pressure on the carriage the buzzing will stop. I tried to slightly tighten the wire tension and went too far and got a error message that sounds like your error. All I know is you couldn't do anything after that. I managed to get the tension back to get the error to quit. Still get the buzzing but don't want to test my limits again.

slimlin

i have the same problems with the buzzing sounds too, and as i understand you, you just played with the tension of the wire right? and suddenly everything was ok?

Thanks

Jakob

sfr table hockey

Sorry Jacob, I answered your PM first before seeing this. Just for others to see what I did this is the bulk of it:

I thought I could adjust the tension while the unit was on and while it was buzzing so that I could adjust until the buzzing quit.

What happened is when you release the two screws on the area by the pully that you see in the front left edge, the tension also releases. Then when I turned the screw on the side (where you remove the cover to get at) I did not know how much to turn it. I went too far and once I tightened things back up and tried to use the carriage to read the roll edge on setup, it gave me that internal error ( I think like yours ) and nothing would work. It just kept beeping and the only thing I could do was to power down. (not sure if that was the right thing to do) After that I went back and loosened the tension back off and tried to line it back up where the marks were on the front two screws. I could see where they were before I did anything so I got it close to that and turned the unit back on and the error was gone and the carraige would line up and catch again. Before it was not lined up with the error.

I still get the buzzing so I am back where I was but at least it works. Some day I might get brave enought to try it again but this time just adjust the tension a little ( 1/4 turn ) and see what happens.

I might be wrong but when my carriage did not line up my tension was too tight. Not sure what happens when it's too loose.

Seems like with the buzzing you can pull the wire either way and it will stop the buzzing so I am not 100% sure what will be the best to try next.

Keep me informed if you find something out.

i have the same problems with the buzzing sounds too, and as i understand you, you just played with the tension of the wire right? and suddenly everything was ok?

Thanks

Jakob

slimlin

Problem solved

The problem has been solved, there was actually no problem with the adjustments of the printer, it was just two wires that was switched around, wich made the printsled sensor malfunction, so its running like a virgin in may :).

Thanks all for your interest and time to help, if you have questions that i can help you with, feel free and send me a PM and i will try my best.

Kind regards and hope you had a happy easter

Jakob