• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sc500 No Magenta on test print.

lodcomm

What firmware version are you on? I am running on 4.4

Also I used to run a Nazdar (lyson 2000) inks set but found it to dry up easily in the drain lines and heads. Rolands is much better for that and you can leave the printer off for a much longer period with minor issues. If you were using the the Lyson 2000 ink set I might have some profiles I made for it.

Where is the Firmware version displayed - and I'll check.

Yes the previous owner was using the Lyson 2000 inks in it and I was going to go with them. I would greatly appreciate the profiles. I was also thinking of trying the "JetBest" Inks. A fried of mine uses them in his VersaCamm and has been very happy with them.

Thanks again to **Everyone** who has been nursing me along.. I greatly appreciate everyones time and effort.

-todd

lodcomm

Success!

Hello Folks,

I have successfully managed to get all the printheads unclogged, primed, printing nearly 100% Here is what I finally did to get it going:

I went through each damper and drew ink all the way through, keeping the suction on it for a a minute or so after the ink came all the way through the line and into the damper. Cleaned the end, make sure the nuts & O-Rings were tight and re-installed the dampers.

I then went through a few cleaning cycles and applied a slight bit of positive air pressure directly into the ink cartridge through the refill opening with a large Plastic syringe that I had. This application of pressure during the cleaning cycle(s) appears to have done the trick. I finally saw the "brown" colored ink mix coming through both waste discharge lines out of the capping station. My Test prints are now coming out almost 100% and I fired off a gradient spectrum printout. below ore some photos of the setup I used to finally properly prime & clear the heads.

I will now go through and do a thorough cleaning of the whole printhead assembly as is outlined in the owners manual.

I am just a part time printer/cutter so the machine will not be getting heavy use. What can you all recommend for the best procedure for for keeping the heads clear and unclogged on minimal use??

Thanks a ton to you all for helping a newbie through the whole process. I have learned a lot thanks for taking the time to type up all the replies.

-todd

Attachments

• IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0513.jpg
    IMG_0513.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 95

MrSalumi

Congrats!!

I am just a part time printer/cutter so the machine will not be getting heavy use. What can you all recommend for the best procedure for for keeping the heads clear and unclogged on minimal use??

Continue to use it. These machines are meant to be used and if you idle them you will have problems. Good Luck!

Baz

Congrats indeed!

Try printing something out at least once a week. Even if it's not for a job at least you keep the ink flowing. The wasted material is worth it considering more down time trying to fix it again.

cs-creatives

Problem with Epson head always black

Hello,excuse me for my English translation Google.I have several printers Large format from 1.50 to 3.20 m and the same problem with Epson head always black, some person with Mimaki is the same problem the black blocqué.DX5 heads or other, but if I clean the head with thinner nozzles are clear but black test print does not come out of the head.If you have the solution?I can give you more advice on epson, how to unclog the heads if you want.But my head cases are completely blocked.Thank you.

sfr table hockey

Where is the Firmware version displayed - and I'll check.

Yes the previous owner was using the Lyson 2000 inks in it and I was going to go with them. I would greatly appreciate the profiles. I was also thinking of trying the "JetBest" Inks. A fried of mine uses them in his VersaCamm and has been very happy with them.

Thanks again to **Everyone** who has been nursing me along.. I greatly appreciate everyones time and effort.

-todd

Great to see you were able to get things working.

What I would watch for with the Lyson 2000 inks is the feel of dried ink in the drain lines and causing a blockage. I used to have to flush cleaning fluid through the drain lines every day before I started up the printer just to make sure the lines were not blocked. The heads did not block up as quick but if you left it a week you would have to spend time getting the heads all going again. Almost like you just did. The inks printed nice and seemed to be good for scratch resistance but since going to Rolands inks I never seem to have to clear drain lines. The thin clear lines from under the captops get plugged but thats about it.

The firmware shows on startup when you turn on the printer. Watch the panel and see what pops up.

I tried to find the old profiles I used for that ink and I think I found some. PM me your email and I can send you them. 2 have a linerarization (trc.) file that goes with them and the others are just profiles without the trc file. I think those are the ones I used.

Get the service manual if you don't already have it. You will need it to see if all the allignments are bang on and if not you may want to spend time to do just that. I tend to print most everything on Fine2 with good results and only need to use super for very small detailed items.