• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

scaling

graphix

ok i need to scale from a 1/20 scale to a 1/12 scale how is this done?are they a formula ? i am using ps..thanks

skyhigh

Take it back out to 100% (for simplicity).
If your measurement is 5" (at 1/20), Then at full size, the measurement is 100". So now you devide 100 by 12.....or 8.33"

graphix

Take it back out to 100% (for simplicity).
If your measurement is 5" (at 1/20), Then at full size, the measurement is 100". So now you devide 100 by 12.....or 8.33"
ok in ps i got a template of a car it shows 4 veiws it is at 1/20 scale on the 4 views how do i take it to a 100 percent,sorry for being dumb but i need help thanks...

skyhigh

Take the whole file and proportionately scale one of the measurements (heigth or width) times 20. Then divide by 12.
That way you can scale all views at the same time. (pretty sure that works)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The formula to go from 1/20 scale to 1/12 scale is

20 / 12 = 1.6666

The scaling number in Photoshop would be a percentage so you would enter 166.66%.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
i am lost,:(

I can't help you to understand it if you don't from what I posted but it is just that simple ... so just do it.

If you are at 1/20 of scale then you multiply by 20 to be a full scale.

If you are at full scale and you want to be at 1/12 scale, then you divide by 12.

If you want to scale directly from 1/20th scale to 1/12th scale then dividing the 20 by the 12 gives you the multiplying factor to apply in Photoshop. Since Photoshop will ask you not for the multiplier by for the percentage, then you must also multiply that by 100 which then is 166.66% as the entry to give Photoshop to go from 1/20 scale to 1/12 scale.