• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scarecrow vector art or clipart

Ken

Been searching today for a couple of hours for a simple scarecrow image, just a head and shoulders image but a full image could be modified.
Anyone point me in the right direction.?
Thanks.
Ken
PS..I found one that may be suitable at Express clipart, the client needs to see it.

Last edited:

Ken

Thanks Flame, it may come to that. This is one of those.."Here's my business card with clip art..make my sign like this!" I tried corel trace but I was unsatisfied with the results. I tried Eric but, I dunno, he is having some difficulty of some sort now, and refused the job. I've actually gotten pretty close by using the corel trace result, then re-tracing on paper using a fine point pen. Then a re-scan and node editing..but this is all just taking up too much time. I have another trick up my sleeve for tomorrow..he has a sign with the image on it. I'll try a digi-photo and see what I can do with that.
Cheers!
Ken

high impact

Ken,

I've had to work some miracles with biz cards and I've found it helps me to take a picture of the card and trace it and clean it up from there. That has saved me tons of time.

Ken

Thanks Mark.
In the past I've worked this a few different ways.
Scanning a card image, using the camera on macro mode and the paper enlargement/trace/re-scan/edit nodes. Recently I've had success with Corel trace, but not this time. In fact, I'll post some thumbnails here next, to give you all an idea of what it is I'm actually trying to do. I know..I should have started the thread with these images. Next time I will. Sorry.
Cheers!
Ken

Flame

How detailed do you want it?

Here's my 5 minute quicky of a black and white crow.

Is that what you had in mind?

Flame

Durn it. Forgot to attach.

Attachments

• CROW.jpg
    CROW.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 86

Ken

The scarecrow...

This is the image I sent to Eric for vectorizing. I had "pre-cleaned" it somewhat, in an attempt to make his job easier. The first image is 1 inch tall from a business card.
The second image is what I've been able to do thus far.
The final image will be about 20 inches tall in black and white cut vinyl.
Thanks.
Ken
Sorry, I should have said black cut vinyl on white background.

Attachments

• scarecrow 4.jpg
    scarecrow 4.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 149
  • R&S0005.jpg
    R&S0005.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Ken

No problem..
These little puzzles keep things interesting, the workarounds keep me on my toes...
Cheers!
Ken

PMG

here is one i vectorized in CS2 a wile back in pdf format

Last edited:

Ken

Thanks PMG..I'll do a print for the client..I'm thinking too detailed of an image.
He was saying he wasn't stuck on the existing image..so maybe.
Cheers!
Ken
More info.. This, or whatever scarecrow image, will be part of a rooftop sign along the Trans Canada Highway..2 feet x 48 feet

PMG

no problem Ken i did that one for myself it was a 1 click vector in Illi cs2.that trace program is amazing !!!!:thumb:

Ken

Are you able to compare that trace-ability in CS2 to Corel X3? I'm thinking X3 is pretty good , it just let me down on this tiny image.
Thanks...Ken

PMG

Never used x3 but that pdf is vectored already , i have only used flexi before i got cs2 and it blows flexi out of the water!!!