• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scarecrow vector art or clipart

visualeyez

Here you go..

I am thinking about offering a vectorizing service to help pay for my education. Attched is what I was able to get from your original file, in about 15 minutes. Enjoy, and Please let me know what you think.

-Keith

Attachments

• scarescrow.pdf
    220.8 KB · Views: 129

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Some times it takes less time if you just forget all the auto trace stuff and sit down and rough out the main shapes.
Get it close and if the customer wants a more exact reproduction have him provide a better sample or make it worth your while to draw it out.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• scrow.jpg
    scrow.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 103
  • s-crow.pdf
    14.8 KB · Views: 159

iSign

nice job Wayne. Did you use tracing paper and a pen, or a tablet over a scan... or a mouse?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Doug,
I used the original thumbnail he posted and a mouse.
Draw wireframe, thicken & convert the strokes to paths, delete wireframe - weld.
I had a little time to kill waiting on a print and figured I'd try to race the printer to the finish.
Printer won, but it was close.
:rolleyes:

wayne k
guam usa

iSign

cool.
I use a tablet very rarely, but that is the type of task I've found it quite helpful with.

Ken

Keith and Wayne..thanks so much for your efforts..and thanks for your explainations as how you worked the image.
Cheers..ken

Ken

Scarecrow final...

I was able to take a digi-photo today of the image in question.
Cleaned it up in Corel Trace in about 15 minutes. I now have a cuttable file. Easy.
Lesson learned: Business card sized clipart is a PITA. Get better images or warn client about re-draw costs.
Thanks to all..
Ken

Attachments

• scarecrow good.jpg
    scarecrow good.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 90