• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scared of heights? Step ladders make you nervous?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I've seen that before.

Yeah !! Right !! Get up about 1700 feet and take a break and look around. I'd be rutzing on that poor sucker's helmet following me up. Sure hope he ain't looking up during my break.

cptcorn

adad
I used to climb 25'-35' lines to service equipment, and I'd get the willys. One guy I worked with used to do this work... Not for me.

Pat Whatley

I've had a guy who changes the bulbs (much shorter towers) tell me one time that it's no big deal. You just focus on the steps you're making and only pay attention to the foot and handholds right in front of you. The steps you make at 200' are the same ones you make at 10'.

I mentioned to him that the fall from 20' doesn't hurt as much as the fall from 200'.

He corrected me....the fall from 200' doesn't hurt at all.

Kwiksigns

wookie
my grandfather used to do that... I have to ask him what the tallest he's been up. I doubt its close to that... maybe... I am so curious to know now.

I am frightened to the core of heights..and have a few hundred sky dives and more bungee jumps behind me than I can count lol..but I still hate heights.

I worked on a historic neon sign that we had to replace in total 5 miles of neon every day for 35 days hundreds of feet in the air..every day was miserable ... Every night I dreaded work the next day ... I am beyond thankful I don't have to do work at heights any longer.

fmg

Imagine getting the tool bag all tied up,Then ya have a prob!
Come to think of it if that was my job I would leave the tool bag at the top for next time...If there is a next time.

cajun312

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who broke out in a sweat watching this. I hope those guys make a ton of money, you couldn't get me up there for ten tons of money!

Tim Aucoin

Holy crap! I just about threw up watching that! I'm terrified of heights... not to mention that if that were me up on top of that, it'd be bending or breaking off!:ROFLMAO:

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Anyone notice that at about 7:18 he is standing on the top plate and lets go with both hands to fiddle with his clip?

Made my butt suck wind, that did....

Last edited:

Rodi

I'd rather burn, drown or freeze than heights, there is just such time in motion with heights that they scare and scar us for life.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Bathroom ??

Like on a billboard back in the day...... you just have a ripcord and let fly. Some poor unsuspecting person won't have a clue as to where this flying piece of chit came from let alone even be able to see you up there. You're just having a great day.