• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scared of heights? Step ladders make you nervous?

MikePro

I have the sweatiest palms EVER after watching the whole thing... I'd totally do it, but only if I didn't have to climb down... and was into base-jumping.

I wonder how much it swings at the top... steel and all, but everything has a little wiggle over such a long stretch.

JR's

I don't think I would make it not because of the hight but because I am out of shape.

and I think thy should have two safety clips.

JR

Letterbox Mike

I have the sweatiest palms EVER after watching the whole thing... I'd totally do it, but only if I didn't have to climb down... and was into base-jumping.

I wonder how much it swings at the top... steel and all, but everything has a little wiggle over such a long stretch.

An hour later I'm still nervous about that.

That thing has to be swaying a TON up that high. God, even the dude behind him climbing up has to make it bounce. The tiniest vibration and I'd be crying like a little girl. I hate to be up 50' in a bucket truck that's swaying around, I can't even imagine what it would be like over 1/4 mile in the air.

petepaz

that was nuts
it gave me that funny feeling in my stomach like when you are going down hill on a roller coaster
and after this thread i will be a little more aware of falling debris around towers

CheapVehicleWrap

Getting that close to that antenna will irradiate one's testicles to the point of non-recognition. All the way to the top and he didn't stick some kind of decal up there?

Idea Design

Yikes.

On June 6th of this year, I fell from one rung down from the top of a 10' ladder and hit the concrete driveway with full force. Broke my left femur completely in half. Also broke my left arm.

If there's a true statement here it's this:

He corrected me....the fall from 200' doesn't hurt at all.

K Chez

Insane.

Pat, you seem to be recovering quickly from that "ass-kicking" at the hands of the FBI!

Sticky Signs

Cool. Still puckered over here.
I'm not afraid of heights and I'm not afraid of falling. I am however very afraid of the landing.

signmeup

I liked this comment from below the video:
"That isn't a tool bag, it's his nuts."
Made me feel funny to watch it.... I almost didn't finish it.... then the guy came to the outside part....then it turns to a frikkin pole!

surf city

That's just insane. I hate heights, one of my younger brothers is a crane repairman, he's always working on tower cranes and such, he says it's no big deal. He's always sending me pictures of views from the top of the cranes.

SAS

That sucks.

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by TheOnLineEngineer.org."

Kottwitz-Graphics

That sucks.

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by TheOnLineEngineer.org."

But google "Stairway to Heaven – Climbing a Tower"

There ain't no way...when he climbed out of the tower to the pole, my stomach was in knots. So much that I had to stop it, let it settle, then go back...