• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scitex FB500

Dizzy385

Graphic designer
Hi,
A lot of the times when I print full black print one side does not dry, it it always a .5" or so and always on the right side of the bed. Any advice?
scitex.jpeg

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We used to have that machine, and I've experienced this problem, but darn if I can remember how we resolved it. Sorry, I know that doesn't help.
It was around the time of the notorious "under performing" bad ink issues with Hp. It may have been that, but it could have been something else, like a calibration issue like greysquirrel suggested.

javagod

Manager
How does your nozzle check look? How does it look when you do a printed color purge in black and then do a nozzle check? I had a situation where my ink, which HP called settled ink It been sitting stagnant for sometime, and the ink settled in the bottom, then thicker ink worked its way to the print head. But on the other hand, it would have nothing to do with that if your ink isn’t dry, that will have all to do with the lamps shutters. I wonder if it’s sticking to begin with, and then loosens up after a few passes