• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screen Printed or Laser Engraved Plaques

rdm01

I need about 150 metal plates (4.5" x 10") with screen printed text and solid color logos (one color, black). At first I was thinking laser engraved, but with the text being black and everything else bare metal maybe screen printed would be a better solution? Is this something that is possible with screen printing? They would need to go on .040 or even thinner metal. Attached is a mock up with logos removed.

Attachments

• laser_etch.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 165

TXFB.INS

look at dye sub, that will allow the metal to not have an edge that can be picked at like screen printing

jrsc

It sounds like there is a little confusion on the finished product. Just to make sure we have it right. You want plain silver metal with all black text and logos. So silver background and all black imprint. Also do you have a preference on the type of metal used and what type of application is it (indoor or outdoor).

We do laser engraving, uv printing, and a little dye sub so I might be able to point you in the direction we would find easiest.

BESTBLANKS

Sublimation on metal and much more!

I need about 150 metal plates (4.5" x 10") with screen printed text and solid color logos (one color, black). At first I was thinking laser engraved, but with the text being black and everything else bare metal maybe screen printed would be a better solution? Is this something that is possible with screen printing? They would need to go on .040 or even thinner metal. Attached is a mock up with logos removed.

Hello, perhaps we can help. If you want to produce a high resolution and durable finished product then sublimation printing on metal is ideal. We are a full line sublimation supplier/wholesaler and we carry sublimation systems and blank sublimation metal, if you're interested in going in the sublimation direction.

Please see this link http://www.bestblanks.com/sublimation.html for sublimation printers, inks, etc.

For the sublimation metal blanks please see this link: http://www.bestblanks.com/chromaluxephotopanels.html

For all sublimation blanks that you can produce with sublimation printing please see this link: http://www.bestblanks.com/subblanks.html

Should you have any questions please give us a call! 888-431-7385 or 954-989-1250

Thanks for your post!
www.bestblanks.com

petepaz

silk screen would be the least expensive but i would say metal photo would be a good way to go. metal photo has a good appearance and will last for ever

rdm01

It sounds like there is a little confusion on the finished product. Just to make sure we have it right. You want plain silver metal with all black text and logos. So silver background and all black imprint. Also do you have a preference on the type of metal used and what type of application is it (indoor or outdoor).

We do laser engraving, uv printing, and a little dye sub so I might be able to point you in the direction we would find easiest.

This is correct. No preference on the type of metal, they will be mounted indoors.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Edit: I realize we would need to print on the bare metal. Although it is possible, we don't stock an ink line that will stick to it. Bringing in the ink and adhesion promoter would eat up everything in the job for both of us. There's got to be a MM that does this kind of stuff regularly though.

rdm01

Ahh, still can't find someone who can screen print this thing or give me a quote for laser. I have had three dead ends at this point. Any help would be appreciated!
(note: FireSprint, you aren't one of the dead ends, thank you for at least giving it a thought!)

parrott

We screen print with 3 different ink systems (enamel, solvent & uv). I would be happy to quote the job for you based on one of our ink systems adhering to your material (which is rarely an issue), but we are a good ways away. Please PM me the specs if you are interested in a quote.

jrsc

There is a silver aluminum we use that lasers black. I think it might work for your application.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I'm going to put a quote together. Although it won't be as competitive as I would like, at least it will give you something to go on. I'll PM it over in the next few hours, even if it's just for a reference.

Thanks!