• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screen printed sign help

rbforrest

Hi all,
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

We are a screen printing, vinyl, and embroidery shop. I have a customer that wants us to start making signs for his fencing installations. He is currently using a 15"x4" .125" (3mm) plastic sign with one color screen printed. The plastic has a somewhat rough finish which he wants to keep.

My questions are:

1. What type of plastic comes with the rough finish?
2. Where can I get the plastic in large sheets? I plan to print a sheet of 5 - 12"x4" signs at a time then cut them.
3. What type of ink should I use? I'm assuming a Nazdar air dry of some sort.
4. Is there a coating I can put on it to make the sign last longer?
5. I know this is a loaded question but any suggestions as to how I go about pricing an order like this would be helpful. It will be a repeat order of about 500 pieces a month so I don't want to over, or under, bid on it.

Thanks again!!!

petepaz

is the material textured and printed from the backside?
we have a few fence customers but we screen their signs on alum.
you type could be a textured polycarbonate. if so this would be screened from the back side. and you could use a nazdar ink but it would probably be a uv ink not air dried.
and you could get the material from a few places peidmont plastics, saati, tekra

rbforrest

is the material textured and printed from the backside?
we have a few fence customers but we screen their signs on alum.
you type could be a textured polycarbonate. if so this would be screened from the back side. and you could use a nazdar ink but it would probably be a uv ink not air dried.
and you could get the material from a few places peidmont plastics, saati, tekra

Thanks for the quick reply!

The material is definitely textured, albeit very lightly, and printed from the textured side. I cut it about 1/2 way through with a carpet knife and snapped it the rest of the way.

Thanks for the supplier heads up. Piedmont actually has a location just south of me in Daytona.