• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screw you 3M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Border

Anyone know what this is all about?
Just posted on FB

Attachments

• s101.jpg
    s101.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 122

3M Graphics

Merchant Member
Ballpark, you’ve made a lot of good points and many of them are consistent with the intent of the 3M Original Wraps program.

However, Original Wraps coordinates the relationship (with respect to graphics) between the dealer and the automotive OEMs. An important component of the program - and one that 3M Original Wraps is uniquely able to offer - is providing the technology that enables the process for OEMs and their dealerships to offer graphics as an accessory.

And Matt we've heard of OW referring to printing several times before, but not because it's true but rather because it was a convenient way to say 3M would get the printing done. We believe the OW sales rep misspoke and should have said that 3M Original Wraps utilizes our graphic manufacturer network to coordinate getting the graphics printed using 3M materials, but does not actually print in house for resale.

For a better understanding of the 3M Original Wraps program or if you’d like to be involved, we encourage you and anyone else to contact your local 3M sales representative.

Bill Brown

CheapVehicleWrap

Bill, any chance the higher ups at 3m will stop pussyfooting around and deal with the issues at hand? There seems to be quite a few phone calls coming from 3m that just go nowhere.

HulkSmash

Ballpark, you’ve made a lot of good points and many of them are consistent with the intent of the 3M Original Wraps program.

However, Original Wraps coordinates the relationship (with respect to graphics) between the dealer and the automotive OEMs. An important component of the program - and one that 3M Original Wraps is uniquely able to offer - is providing the technology that enables the process for OEMs and their dealerships to offer graphics as an accessory.

And Matt we've heard of OW referring to printing several times before, but not because it's true but rather because it was a convenient way to say 3M would get the printing done. We believe the OW sales rep misspoke and should have said that 3M Original Wraps utilizes our graphic manufacturer network to coordinate getting the graphics printed using 3M materials, but does not actually print in house for resale.

For a better understanding of the 3M Original Wraps program or if you’d like to be involved, we encourage you and anyone else to contact your local 3M sales representative.

Bill Brown

Bill if i wanted to make a dollar a SF on installs I'd go work for salvation army, and stock shelves. I understand the margin you are selling wraps for, but how much of that is distributed to the installer.
And before you say it's market value on install, do a little research.

There's 1 way this issue is getting solved --
You need to GET OUT of the custom graphics market. Period.

CheapVehicleWrap

Bill if i wanted to make a dollar a SF on installs I'd go work for salvation army, and stock shelves. I understand the margin you are selling wraps for, but how much of that is distributed to the installer.
And before you say it's market value on install, do a little research.

There's 1 way this issue is getting solved --
You need to GET OUT of the custom graphics market. Period.

:goodpost::thankyou::readthread::popcorn:

HulkSmash

Anyone know what this is all about?
Just posted on FB

This is 3m's attempt to compete with 3751. It's their new wrap vinyl that's suppose to be cheaper and easier to install. From what I've heard from testers - it's extremely "Gummy", and a pain to work with.

ProColorGraphics

This is 3m's attempt to compete with 3751. It's their new wrap vinyl that's suppose to be cheaper and easier to install. From what I've heard from testers - it's extremely "Gummy", and a pain to work with.

What I thought was funny, was that someone put a comment on the photo saying "3M getting into the sign printing too?"

Just think of how many people on here might have tried it if it wasn't for Colorado starting this thread? I know I never will.

Thanks again to Josh for highly recommending Oracal products and 3751/290 combo for wraps!!

Dice

You know SGIA is coming up in a few weeks.

3M GET OUT of the custom graphics market. Period.

Has a nice ring to it... for t-Shirts... Signs.... Very Vocal Yelling.... aimed at a certain booth... I'm just saying...

Ohh and here 3M has a facebook page....

splizaat

At the end of the day, 3M is just another company like yours and mine..and the bottom line is, you (and I) can't do anything about it. They can run it how they want...and if you (or I) don't like it, we can choose to move to a company who SUPPORTS it's customers, rather than bankrupts them. That's the freedom of choice. Support the companies who support you, and I know WE won't be considering switching to 3M because we have a great relationship, great support (on film and even diagnosing profile/printing issues sometimes) and about 50 shops to buy Oracal film from locally instead of just one or two.

That's all I will leave in this thread....if you guys have THAT much of a problem with 3M, stop buying their film and move to an equally as great product. That's all there is to it - it's that simple.

If your customers have a problem with you not using 3M film, well, when was the last time they looked at the backside of the liner on their printed wrap before it was installed? ;) (kidding)

qmr55

El' Cheapo give me some ideas for tags. I may add two tags. (or as Edna would say, I may ad to taggs)

Status
Not open for further replies.