• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko 64s Color Painter

4R Graphics

Any body have anything to say about one of these printers. Just curiouse as I have never really heard much about them most people are Roland, Mutoh, Mamaki.

One reason is that the ColorPainter 64s was discontinued in 2006, after being rebranded as the HP Designjet 9000s. The Seiko was a good, fast printer, with a medium solvent inkset.

Bob

THull

I liked it

I worked with Seiko 64 for a few months. It was a nice printer. Used a lot for vehicle wraps, digital vinyl and banners. Never broke down on us and a good workhorse. But we did have to vent it through an air purifier.

GK

We have 2 Seiko 64s and a HP 9000 & 10000s. They have been work horses for us. They do need to be vented though, gets very irritating smelling the solvent. The Seiko inks are a little bit cheaper than the HP inks it seems (everywhere we have went they were) When using the OEM inks the prints are awesome (we only have OEM ones so I can't speak for other 3rd party inks). The Seiko uses a SCSI connection while the HP uses a USB one. The amount of different medias it prints on is very nice and it does nicely on thicker materials. If you buy one however, spend the money to get it profiled correctly or learn yourself. Not one of them printed the way it should have using any stock profiles. Other than that, they will print as fast as you can feed rolls of material.

4R Graphics

Ok so if I could pick one of these up for under $10,000 I guess it would be a good deal. I am worried about used equipment and service the printer has been sitting for a few weeks. Who services these printers? So its a good quality printer not a chinese piece of junk? Also where do I get the oem inks for this printer? Anybody have anything else to say about them as I am considering buying a mutoh 54" or a versacamm 54" but I am looking at buying them new and well if I could get a good printer for less money I would like to do that but dont want to get burned.

I sold the seiko for 2 years. It is a workhorse. It is a medium solvent machine, that likes to be run. If you do not have a lot of work for this machine, it can give you headaches. I now sell the Mutoh and it is a much more foregiving machine. It does not waste nearly as mush ink as the Seiko. I would highly reccomend you do a nozzle check before purchasing the Seiko. The heads run over $1000 each and there are 6 of them. If you do purchase the Seiko, I can reccomend some service people in Florida.

Albion

We've had our 64S since August of 2006. It is a workhorse....it has only been down for a total of 4 days in 3 years! So far we have printed over 9000 linear meters with all the original heads. No complaints here!

Robert M

Seiko just anounced they will again be selling these printers, in the 74" and 104" to start. Something must be up with their agreement to build them for HP.

The machines that Seiko will be introducing to the USA market at SGIA are not the same as the old ColorPainter printers. They have different printheads, a different number of heads, and a different inkset (2x4 or 8 colors vs 6 on the old ColorPainter). Same name, new printer.

Bob

premiercolour

Merchant Member
As from third party ink supplier aspect, seiko vs hp9000 users ratio is about 1:5. Just a piece of advice, the fundamental of seiko 64s is not built as well as hp9000 although they are almost the same. The RIP is used different. Fast machine vs (mutoh.mimaki.roland). Will suggest to buy hp9000 rather than seiko 64s.

HP9000 Cartridge 100% compatible, $120/ea All colors

Francis
sales@fieldcenterusa.com
949 209 7306