• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko ColorPainter 64 Printer Driver - Need It

bbeens

Make sure you are running the SCSI related drivers from the disc that came with the printer. In my experience supporting Softrip in connection to the Seiko ColorPainter devices if you used the driver from Windows vs. the driver from Seiko communications would fail. Make sure you try all the different configurations of booting the PC first, boot the printer first. I also remember it being a giant pain in the ass to support.

Good luck. I was very happy when HP moved to USB.

Bryan

Chuck,

Do I finally get to repay you for all of the help and trade shows you did for us. It has been years since I installed one but I think I still have the SCSI info an utility at the office. I will check in the morning. I do remember that it was critical to have the correct SCSI card.

Jeff
Image Depot
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

wonsngis

I do remember that it was critical to have the correct SCSI card.

Correct. It is the Adaptec 29160.

The SCSI drivers are available from Adaptec's website.
http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/downloads/ms/ms_win_xp?productId=ASC-29160&dn=Adaptec+SCSI+Card+29160

Make sure you also install the ASPI Drivers
http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/downloads/ms/ms_win_xp?productId=ASPI-4.70&dn=Windows+ASPI+Package

I'm not sure what rip you're using, but Onyx has always required that you go into the Windows device manager and disable the "generic scsi printer" that appears once the printer is connected.

NZDR-Payne

We are using Wasatch and I don't have the version number handy. There definitely is some communication issue between the computer and the printer. I'm guessing it is the SCSI drivers or maybe the SCSI card itself. We exhausted just about all ideas (ASPI, card driver, etc) yesterday.

It sounds like my problem has been identified. The Adaptec 29160 card that came with the printer will not physically fit in the motherboard of the computer we are using so we installed a different Adaptec card we had on hand.

I guess it's time to dig for another computer or invest in a SCSI to USB converter cable. Anyone tried one of these converter cables with your Seiko?

NZDR-Payne

Chuck,

Do I finally get to repay you for all of the help and trade shows you did for us. It has been years since I installed one but I think I still have the SCSI info an utility at the office. I will check in the morning. I do remember that it was critical to have the correct SCSI card.

Jeff
Image Depot
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Jeff - just knowing you still care is payment enough! I think I may have a problem you can't help with...unless you want to ship me another computer.