• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Seiko II Color Painter M-64s Running in Production Speed

WrapMonkey

Production Manager
Hello,

We have 2 Seiko II Color Painter M-64s and we run them in Production Mode 8-10 Hours a day that give us about 2,700 ft² on each Printer.
We have had these printer for about 8 months and bought them new we have had to replace several Print heads and caps on both printers. And have had to replace the Stepping motor on both.

My question is dose anybody else run at these speeds and what issues are you running into. Our Tech at Tubelite says that nobody runs these printers this hard.

Thank you for your feedback.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Not running that particular printer, but we have five Seiko H2-74s and just finished over 35 miles' worth of 3M 180 and 680 in Fine Draft mode. The biggest problem we ran into was running out of ink. The printers ran from 3 in the morning until around 6 in the evening for about five months, and we're just now slowing down.
As long as you're doing your daily maintenance, I can't imagine them having too many problems.

ikarasu

Hello,

We have 2 Seiko II Color Painter M-64s and we run them in Production Mode 8-10 Hours a day that give us about 2,700 ft² on each Printer.
We have had these printer for about 8 months and bought them new we have had to replace several Print heads and caps on both printers. And have had to replace the Stepping motor on both.

My question is dose anybody else run at these speeds and what issues are you running into. Our Tech at Tubelite says that nobody runs these printers this hard.

Thank you for your feedback.

Doesn't sound right to me. I also run the h2-74s. The only time we've had to replace a print head was if it had a lot of strikes... And even then, a strike here or there will cause the print head to get "Worst", but it takes a lot of strikes, unless it's a really bad one.. to need replacing.

We just replaced the capping station... after about 4-5 years. We dont run it for 8-10 hours a day like you, but it does get quite a bit of use. The Seikos are work horses, I don't see your production schedule being a problem. At 3-4k a head, how would you even make money replacing them so much?! (I'm presuming they were replaced from warranty?

Whats your tech say is causing the damaged heads? The heads don't seem to get too hot, so I cant imagine continuous printing damaging them. I thought only head strikes would do that - Are you noticing any head strikes or anything? Seiko parts seem to be pretty durable. It's a great printer, so I can't see why yours are giving you so much problems. You can setup a print head rest in CP manager... so it'll rest in between prints... maybe ask your tech what a good setting would be for that? We've never had the use... but if all you need is to give it a few minutes rest every couple hours to save thousands, might be worth it.

I Branding

i worked with the seiko m-64s for the past 2 years and all i do is run them on production mode. we do fleets and vehicle wraps all day and when there is a sign or two that we have to print i usually slow it down to high quality. the same issues we encounter with replacing print heads and tons of caps on the seikos. they are awesome work horses for sure

danno

We have a m-64 that runs constant in standard, production and draft mode. We would like to have another one.