Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sending LARGE files (weTransfer)

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Enola, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Enola

Enola Member

Jun 15, 2017
    USA
    I did a couple designs for a company, and had send those files to a number of different sign / install companies across the country. The files are around a GB each.

I have used "dropbox" in the past, but someone in the chain has sent me revisions via "WeTransfer". I have never heard of this, and I'm a little skeptical to download from it.

Any feedback on WeTransfer?

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I use it all the time. It's free up to 2GB and super easy to use. If you want to be 100% safe don't click the link but highlight it and copy/paste it into the browser.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Been using it for quite some time. Many customers send to us that way. Real easy, too. Hasta be, if I can do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    +1 for wetransfer. Not a bad thing to say about it

5. Enola

Enola Member

Jun 15, 2017
    USA
    thanks all

I must be outta touch. This is the first time I've heard of it.

6. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    WeTransfer is good for temporary or short time 'file saving'. I prefer OneDrive and G!Drive for long time file storages.

7. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    I've been using wetransfer for years but lately it seems transfers have gotten slower.
    I just became aware of Firefox Send today and did a test send/receive and the transfer was much faster.
    Like twice as fast so might start using that instead.
    You don't have to use the Firefox browser.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OADesign

OADesign Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    California
    I use we transfer for almost daily. Great product/service. I do use it slightly differently though. I always input my own email address and have the links come into my inbox and then I copy and paste the short link it generates into the email I send to clients or vendors. It gives me more control. And ends the "did you get it yet?" dance that ensues when waiting on file uploads or emails.

Additionally, we try to avoid gdrive for many reasons. To name a few, it seems like when people send us gdrive links, it slows down everyone's email (app or web-based) not sure why that is. No time or desire to sort it out though. Also, our clients, ALWAYS, without fail, as the sun rises daily, forget to make the links public so gdrive asks for user/pass combo to request access to whatever they are sending us. Then the "did you get it yet" dance begins again. No, because its password protected. No, it's not, It doesn't ask me for a password... And that's when I suggest wetransfer. 2gb free. No sign up. No spam. Add email(s). Add file(s). Done.

9. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Why are the files that big? We do wraps and such all the time and rarely are the files over 500MB.

10. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    WeTransfer seems to be really popular with marketing agencies – they always use it to send us artwork.