• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sending LARGE files (weTransfer)

Enola

I did a couple designs for a company, and had send those files to a number of different sign / install companies across the country. The files are around a GB each.

I have used "dropbox" in the past, but someone in the chain has sent me revisions via "WeTransfer". I have never heard of this, and I'm a little skeptical to download from it.

Any feedback on WeTransfer?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I use it all the time. It's free up to 2GB and super easy to use. If you want to be 100% safe don't click the link but highlight it and copy/paste it into the browser.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Been using it for quite some time. Many customers send to us that way. Real easy, too. Hasta be, if I can do it.

jimdtg

WeTransfer is good for temporary or short time 'file saving'. I prefer OneDrive and G!Drive for long time file storages.

Bly

I've been using wetransfer for years but lately it seems transfers have gotten slower.
I just became aware of Firefox Send today and did a test send/receive and the transfer was much faster.
Like twice as fast so might start using that instead.
You don't have to use the Firefox browser.

OADesign

I did a couple designs for a company, and had send those files to a number of different sign / install companies across the country. The files are around a GB each.

I have used "dropbox" in the past, but someone in the chain has sent me revisions via "WeTransfer". I have never heard of this, and I'm a little skeptical to download from it.

Any feedback on WeTransfer?

I use we transfer for almost daily. Great product/service. I do use it slightly differently though. I always input my own email address and have the links come into my inbox and then I copy and paste the short link it generates into the email I send to clients or vendors. It gives me more control. And ends the "did you get it yet?" dance that ensues when waiting on file uploads or emails.

Additionally, we try to avoid gdrive for many reasons. To name a few, it seems like when people send us gdrive links, it slows down everyone's email (app or web-based) not sure why that is. No time or desire to sort it out though. Also, our clients, ALWAYS, without fail, as the sun rises daily, forget to make the links public so gdrive asks for user/pass combo to request access to whatever they are sending us. Then the "did you get it yet" dance begins again. No, because its password protected. No, it's not, It doesn't ask me for a password... And that's when I suggest wetransfer. 2gb free. No sign up. No spam. Add email(s). Add file(s). Done.