• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Serious? Notice the salary..

KevSign

The wages low because some cheap sign shops or wide format shops out there with lowball banner price at $.99 or $.49 sq. ft.
How can they able to hire people with good pay?

I worked for offset printing industry for 20 yrs. I did not see any shop to able to get good Health insurance for employee, even worst internet printing screw up print market big time.

Another day I got an email print shop in San Diego, CA advertising $69 for banner stand (Including stand and printing). I know crappy stand and print any way, but this shop real hungry and will print direct to retail soon with same cost.

We are need to keep our prices for the fair market.

Pat Whatley

The wages low because some cheap sign shops or wide format shops out there with lowball banner price at $.99 or $.49 sq. ft.
How can they able to hire people with good pay?

To be fair is there really a lot of skill involved in pulling banners off a printer, trimming them, and sticking a few grommets in them?

TheSnowman

honestly, the ad isn't asking for any experience. good starter job for some 18 yr old kid living at home and doesn't want to go to college and spend $100,000 in education just to work as a checkout clerk.......its called starting at the bottom, something this nation seems to have forgotten...

I agree with this more and more. Virtually everyone I know that's been my friends since High School that went to college, now is working for minimum wage, and those of us who just worked right out of high school have way better lives as far as income goes.

TammieH

the add says FULL TIME SIGN PAINTER.................$9.00 AN HOUR??? i dont think they will get a SIGN PAINTER, of any quality for that price.
also ARE THERE ANY NEW ONES???? most SIGN PAINTERS........i know are old))))))

That's what my thinking is, I was getting $9 in the 80's, maybe they do not mean "Sign Painter" when they say sign painter.

Mosh

I would bet it is just to coat blanks and do big fills...be a good way for a young person not college bound to get their foot in the door.

OldPaint

iam like the "most interesting man in th world." i dont paint many signs, BUT WHEN I DO.........you betchur butt..........i aint doin it for $9.00 an hour))))) side note: and i been painting signs long long time.....hahahahahahahahha

Jillbeans

It's $1 more per hour than I'm getting at my "real" job 4 days a week, and I've been painting signs since 1985.
Love....Jill

FS-Keith

the add says FULL TIME SIGN PAINTER.................$9.00 AN HOUR??? i dont think they will get a SIGN PAINTER, of any quality for that price.
also ARE THERE ANY NEW ONES???? most SIGN PAINTERS........i know are old))))))

Im going to go out a on a limb here and assume they are looking for someone to spraypaint their cabinets ect..