• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Service call 0110

Jim Hill

It seems like I have seen this error message before but for the life of me, I forget what it means.

I just cleaned the encoder strips and put in a new encoder sensor because my prints were coming out blurry.

Thanks for your help. Jim

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It means the printer isn't receiving a reading from the encoder. Make sure the sensor is plugged in all the way. Then I would run the encoder setup and calibration in service mode. If something is really wrong, one or both of those will error out. If not, it might fix the issue. The manual says to start replacing the encoder, sensor and servo board.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Start by initializing the limit - hold left, right, up arrow keys and power on, follow the prompts. Then, as stated above, run the encoder setup and calibration in service mode. Let us know...

netsol

Premium Subscriber
no problem, consider it an open offer
they come in handy with that kind of problem

these days i mostly use it when a client can't understand why equipment dies when they have a power failure and the battery backup or ups comes on
it's a great visual aid, when they want to blame us for their purchasing the wrong equipment