Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Service call 0110

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Jim Hill, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Jim Hill

Jim Hill Active Member

It seems like I have seen this error message before but for the life of me, I forget what it means.

I just cleaned the encoder strips and put in a new encoder sensor because my prints were coming out blurry.

Thanks for your help. Jim

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    It means the printer isn't receiving a reading from the encoder. Make sure the sensor is plugged in all the way. Then I would run the encoder setup and calibration in service mode. If something is really wrong, one or both of those will error out. If not, it might fix the issue. The manual says to start replacing the encoder, sensor and servo board.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Start by initializing the limit - hold left, right, up arrow keys and power on, follow the prompts. Then, as stated above, run the encoder setup and calibration in service mode. Let us know...

• Like Like x 1
  4. netsol

netsol Very Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    englishtown, nj
    jim,
    do you need to borrow an oscilloscope?

5. Jim Hill

Jim Hill Active Member

No thanks, but I appreciate the offer.

Jim

6. netsol

netsol Very Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    englishtown, nj
    no problem, consider it an open offer
    they come in handy with that kind of problem

these days i mostly use it when a client can't understand why equipment dies when they have a power failure and the battery backup or ups comes on
    it's a great visual aid, when they want to blame us for their purchasing the wrong equipment