• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Service Motor Error 0080 and 0010

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
When you did the Initialization, did you insure the head carriage was locked in place before starting the steps?

Clean the pulleys with alcohol. Also check the belt itself and make sure there is nothing stuck in the teeth anywhere. In addition, clean the guide rail with alcohol, make sure to remove any buildup around the bearing blocks on the head carriage and cutter carriage, and then very lightly lubricate the rail with light weight machine oil, like 3in1.

anthonyd969

When you did the Initialization, did you insure the head carriage was locked in place before starting the steps?

Clean the pulleys with alcohol. Also check the belt itself and make sure there is nothing stuck in the teeth anywhere. In addition, clean the guide rail with alcohol, make sure to remove any buildup around the bearing blocks on the head carriage and cutter carriage, and then very lightly lubricate the rail with light weight machine oil, like 3in1.
Yes, head carriage was locked but took forever to get it to click. Never took that long before. Even afterwards I was able to run one job then error message and head sat more to the left and not direct like I just setup.
Guide rail I did clean and lightly lube properly. There was buildup. Sounded like a bit of grinding in the bearings when I move the cutter part back and forth. a lot better after cleaning rail and lubing it.
Next is the belt cleaning.
I will keep you posted.

Thank you for the tips.

anthonyd969

Well no luck yet. Did the cleaning and added the sensor interrupter for the carriage when it comes over to the right. Did the limit initialization went through and looked good. The only thing I noticed was bringing the cut head to the left it was making a clunk noise while moving not to smooth, felt it bump every few inches as I moved to the left. I feel maybe the bearings in that are bad? Can that happen? when I set material it measured the length and miss aligned the heads again and through code 0102

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Either the bearing block for cutter head has buildup inside or it is going bad. Try to flush out the bearing with alcohol. Take a syringe and gently squirt alcohol into either side, top and bottom, while moving the cutter head back and forth a small amount to try to remove any buildup internally. When finished, blow it out with air to dry. Once dry, put some oil next to the block on both sides and top and bottom and work the cutter head back and forth to get oil back into the bearings. Clean up the excess oil from the rail and see if that does the trick. If that doesn't fix it, the bearing is likely shot. Reach out to damonCA21 here on the forum. Last I knew, he had some of these bearing blocks. If you do end up having to replace the bearing block and need assistance, I can provide phone support.

anthonyd969

Either the bearing block for cutter head has buildup inside or it is going bad. Try to flush out the bearing with alcohol. Take a syringe and gently squirt alcohol into either side, top and bottom, while moving the cutter head back and forth a small amount to try to remove any buildup internally. When finished, blow it out with air to dry. Once dry, put some oil next to the block on both sides and top and bottom and work the cutter head back and forth to get oil back into the bearings. Clean up the excess oil from the rail and see if that does the trick. If that doesn't fix it, the bearing is likely shot. Reach out to damonCA21 here on the forum. Last I knew, he had some of these bearing blocks. If you do end up having to replace the bearing block and need assistance, I can provide phone support.

anthonyd969

Thanks Jim, well I pulled it flushed it and it's spotless. Reoiled and put back in. Same thing again. It was actually still clunking without the block in. When I moved the cutter slowly left no block. So it's something else. Cleaned the rubber strp going to both pulleys as well.

Still won't match up the heads to laptops. Sits off left and codes out 0102.
Trying to stay calm verse grabbing a Louisville persuader...lol

anthonyd969

Did them with alcohol. Took the cutter bearing block off and cleaned as well.
Ran initialization again. Head locked over caps then slid cutter accross. Still feels like a knocking or bumpstep when I go slow to the left.
When it's done it resets and heads are 1/4 inches off caps tops to the left.

Thanks for the help

anthonyd969

I removed t
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Did you remove the cutter head from the bearing block? Once I understand this statement, I can suggest something...
He cutter from bearing block. Took off flushed it clean, re oiled it and reinstalled on the cutter blade. But while I had it off, I moved the cutter by hand "not block" and still felt the clunk or bump when I moved slow left holding it in my hands. So only thing attached to it was the grey belt.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Reassemble the cutter head and bearing block, if you haven't already. Now, move the cutter head at slowly and listen to see if the clunk repeats itself at a regular interval every couple of inches. If so, as mentioned by cornholio, clean both belt pulley wheels, looking for something to be stuck in the teeth of the pulley wheel.