• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help set cut start location

Geoff

You're cutting all the way through the material? That's the problem. Roll cutters aren't made to do that. And when you do need to cut all the way through, you need to use the perf cut feature which cuts essentially a dotted line so you can punch out the decal afterwards.

That's a concern. I had assumed you could elect what style of cut to use and if you want a full cut, you can do it. Perf cut will definitely not work for me as I need the edges to be nice and smooth.

Thanks for the insight!

Geoff

I set our plotter up to plot out a dozen stickers at one pressure, cut the outer perimeter of a series of stickers at a different pressure, then cut U shapes all the way through on the same perimeter previously plotted, so I ended up with a row of stickers dropping off the plotter one by one, with the missing section of the U serving as the bottom section of the nex U, so that I never had something within the pinch roller region cut free. I did not have a perf cutter blade and this was all in a clusterf*ck situation where I did not have time to wait for one, so I just brute forced my way through it.

Thanks JBurton
That is a really good insight for me.
Is that the standard cutting speed?
As soon as covid restrictions ease (I'm in Australia) I'll be heading off to our local Graphtec agent to do some hands on tests.

Thanks to everyone here for the feedback

Geoff

Geoff

I am planning to cut 150gsm paper with a 32mic laminate. Not having dealt with vinyl before - can anyone shed any light on whether my choice would be considered an easy light-weight job, and therefore hopefully less prone to jams or other issues?

Geoff

Errr, I'd have to convert this stuff. Let's see, I'm guessing gsm is grams/m^2, but what is a mic? Is that like a mil (.001 inches)? Danged SI units!

Damn metric folks! :)
I'm equally not good at lbs but I think 150gsm is about 55lb, and 32micron film is about 1.25mil or .0012" (eg really thin)