• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Setting Up Epson 7600 in Wasatch

jschulze

Hi All,

I just had an Epson 7600 dumped off at our place. I'm already using Wasatch to run our JV33 and it does a great job. Anyway, the Wasatch literature says it supports the Epson 7600, but when I print to it from Wasatch the colors are really far off, not like poor color management, but really far off. I have it setup in windows as a Generic/Text only printer.

Does anybody have an Epson 7600 setup properly in Wasatch? I'm using ultrachrome inks with Lc Lm Lk. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

The printer does work properly if I set it up as a normal printer in windows.

Thanks,
Jordan Schulze

Rooster

It's a profile issue. Also if you have the Mimaki edition of wasatch you won't have the drivers for the epson, or they will be disabled by you mimaki edition dongle.

With the right driver and profiles it should work fine. Time to bend over and call wasatch. Have some lube ready.

jschulze

I have the full large format version of wasatch and it says it supports the epson 7600, but it's not quite working out correctly. I've been trying to avoid contacting wasatch as I currently don't have a support contract. I'll keep playing with it and see if I can come up with anything.

Thanks,
Jordan Schulze

tcorn1965

I have the full large format version of wasatch and it says it supports the epson 7600, but it's not quite working out correctly. I've been trying to avoid contacting wasatch as I currently don't have a support contract. I'll keep playing with it and see if I can come up with anything.

Thanks,
Jordan Schulze

Unless, you have called Wasatch and had your dongle updated to include your Epson, Rooster is spot on. Sure the RIP supports all those printers but Wasatch wants $ every time you use it for another printer, unless it is the same printer, for instance I have two Mimaki jv3 running on one version of Wasatch, In another area I have three Epsons running on the same Wasatch but when I wanted to add a HP45500 to the mimaki's RIP I had to call and pay for the update.

Terry

bbeens

Jordan-

It sounds like you have the correct driver configured. I would guess the issue is related to the imaging configuration ('profile') you have selected. What media are you printing on? Are you using a profile from www.wasatch.com? I would suggest trying different profiles if you can't find one that matches your media perfectly. Our 'canned' imaging configurations list the media part number they were built with. In Softrip go to Print -> Setup then click Edit and Info. This file will describe what media the imaging configuration should be used with.

To confirm this is not a physical issue I would suggest printing a linearization chart such as 'eyeone.ps', usually found in a folder 'psfiles' in the root of the drive that Softrip is installed to. Check to ensure all channels are firing properly.

If you renew your contract I would be happy to work with you to resolve any issues you are experiencing.

Best Regards,

Bryan

jschulze

Thanks for the replys.

I've tried a few different configs that came on the Wasatch CD and so far none are working correctly.

The printer does work correctly using the factory drivers through Windows, so I believe the printer is functioning correctly and I'll probably just use it that way.

I have printed out some test sheets and from what I can tell it seems that Wasatch isn't dealing with the Magenta ink properly. It fades from white into a light magenta and then back into white. I'm not sure, but maybe this is where it makes the transition from M to Lm. I've attached a photo of the test print. The top print is from Wasatch and the bottom just using the Windows driver.

I really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Jordan Schulze

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 176