• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SG2-300 Nightmare for Diecut Stickers! Help

balstestrat

Problem Solver
but it makes me wonder why companies who only do stickers (like sticker mule) use 10 graphtecs for perf cutting vs a flatbed cutter.
Obviously 10 roll cutters is wayy cheaper and a lot faster than 1-2 flatbeds. The big carriage just can't speed up to small cuts like roll cutters. Small blades are likely a Lot cheaper than fb blades etc.
If you don't need to cut anything else than SAV it's pretty simple. Then if you have even one more material that the roll cutter can't handle it's a different game....

ikarasu

Darn, I had to retract my original post and edit this!!!!!!, I thought you were saying you were buying blades for your Roland SG2 for a buck apiece... I was about to flip! Insanely cheap, I'm currently paying $64.72 for a three pack, and that's including shipping, so dividing it by three, I'm basically paying $21.57 per blade...

BUT, this is for the SG2-300, and I was doing the CutContour for a solid year or so, before getting that graphtec fcx2000, and tried to kiss-cut stickers as much as possible.

Tons of customers would send pics of die-cut stickers, so I would have to do as they please..I could usually get a blade for sure out of a 500 sticker order. most sizing id guess would of been 4x4 at biggest, in circles and squares but also their custom shapes, and that would usually last at least 500qty order with minimal mistakes, so safety measures I would go up one single digit of Cut Force (which i wouldnt do that MANY times what so ever to be safe and not waste an entire sheet) on maybe every other sheet to assure I was keeping them clean cuts... as far as sheet lengths, I stay under 45 inches MAX, usually, 40/ With the Graphtec though you can max is out to whatever size flatbed you purchase, it holds them down consistently at all times and killllllls it!!! its exciting once you get it, haha.

The last thing to note I forgot about at the beginning as far as expenses, would be the cut strip. And again, the cut strip usually wants to look at that around the 500ish qty ( if your cutting cutcontour properly that is,) I'm sure this changes and is different for EVERYBODY to see when you need to replace it to continue as that is crucial for clean cuts or cuts at all! OR!,, be ready to Exacto knife many little tedious hiccups for a 30 mins to an hour...

So at the end of the day it's weighing out your options of what you want vs what you need, what you can afford that is wanted vs needed, Or if you are just reckless in the sense of spending so you can have the finished results to compete with your competitors like some people out there, that just have money!! #Mustbenice :) haha...

Hope any of this info helps anyone in the future.

Do a search on ebay for roland blade. I havent used a roland...so I dont know if this is the one your machine uses, or if it uses something different. The blade holders (At least for graphtec) Have quite a bit of play in them and are garbage compared to the original.. but I find they work great for perf cutting.

The blades are "ok". Theyre super cheap, but some blades will have a knick in them, or wont be as sharp as they should be, etc.... The quality control on them sucks. but for perf cutting, they work perfectly.... and if you notice its not cutting nice, at a buck a piece you just throw it away.