• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SGIA - Who went?

Sticky Signs

What did you think? Did you buy anything?
The show was a whole lot bigger than last year. Man, some of this stuff has come a long way.

Mosh

There needs to be one in the middle of the country! The only one I was able to get to was in St. Louis like 20 years ago! There are NO SHOW out here in the "fly over" part of the USA. I would even put on a signs101 booth! Now that would rock, the Mosh hosting a booth!

miltondavis

Great show! Many impressive machines, inca onset machine was awesome, the digital die cutters like zund and esko with their auto loading and unloading features were impressive, gandis machine looked like a race car with it metallic paint job and red glowing logo! drooled on the new oce550... some clean wrap jobs... everything was great except the quiznos sandwich I ate.. made me wanna yuke..=]

Jillbeans

I was there but I never left my room after Stealth bought me 4 yard-long blue Margaritas.
Got a cab back to the airport and slept on the plane.
Still hungover as hell with a blue tongue.
Will use the glasses as vases (pronounced Vaaases) for silk sunflowers.
Will look perfect with my Mardi Gras bead collection.
Love....Jill

Patrick46

I learned how to sell banners for less.

YUK!!! I wanna learn how to sell banners (or any of my work)... for MORE!!!!!!!

My only problem with these conventions (I did wanna go though)...is that they're really big on promoting the latest machines that can do this or that. The only problem with that, is that these new 'shop toys' usually start at $10,000.00!!!!!

Who wants to spend money like that these days???

the main thing I'd like would be the workshops...oh, and the pinstriper's pit.

Sticky Signs

Yeah, It seems like not a whole lot has changed - IE - printers still print, cutters still cut etc, etc, etc. It's the automation of these things that's pretty impressive. The self loading flat beds where pretty cool as well as the 16' printers that can print 3 jobs on 3 rolls all at once. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no use for those things (yet) although they are pretty cool. Banner welding technology has also come a long way. Now that's something I could sink my teeth into.

Jill, the key to avoiding the hang over is to keep drinking. I was smart this year, I brought a backpack full of beer. I'm my own favorite bar tender!

Stealth Ryder

I was there but I never left my room after Stealth bought me 4 yard-long blue Margaritas.
Got a cab back to the airport and slept on the plane.
Still hungover as hell with a blue tongue.
Will use the glasses as vases (pronounced Vaaases) for silk sunflowers.
Will look perfect with my Mardi Gras bead collection.
Love....Jill

Jill, that was you I bought the drink for? Heh heh, had a blast while there and glad to be home today.... :Big Laugh

HulkSmash

I was there...
Vegas is really distracting though... and the show specials sucked.
but the overall show was great!

copythat

Was there!

Jillbeans says;:

Stealth bought me 4 yard-long blue Margaritas.
I saw tons of people with these! Can you get anymore alcohol in a drink? : )

I went over budget. I also always go to any show on the last two days. First day to check out all the items. The second is taking advantage of show sales. Items I saw day before were less on last day.

Also ask my dealer to match show sale for 1614 Mutoh. But I saw the Gerber CAT unit. That is a serious machine. X-cellent quality! To be able to print straight onto media what a plus! The price tag is a little too much for us, but is it really? When you include the labor savings. Very nice machine. I didn't like their Elvis. Our NY Elvis is much Better. : ) nyelvis.com

The show girls were HOT HOT HOT at the show also!

joeshaul

Sizewise I don't really recall how it compared to the last SGIA show I attended about two years ago, seemed about the same I guess.

I primarily went to printer shop, thinking I'd be picking up a newer bigger Roland. Proveer talked me into a HP Latex package though, and I hope I'll be fine with it. All the research I did on the printer made it sound like a good buy. Luckily the way my shop is set up, the 220's already in place and fire extinguishers thing shouldn't be a problem as long as the power cables are long enough.

HulkSmash

Sizewise I don't really recall how it compared to the last SGIA show I attended about two years ago, seemed about the same I guess.

I primarily went to printer shop, thinking I'd be picking up a newer bigger Roland. Proveer talked me into a HP Latex package though, and I hope I'll be fine with it. All the research I did on the printer made it sound like a good buy. Luckily the way my shop is set up, the 220's already in place and fire extinguishers thing shouldn't be a problem as long as the power cables are long enough.

I've heard many issues on latex. One being longevity of the actual print. Another being it'll double if not triple your power bill.

Team One Displays

We went, there were five of us from our shop there in Vegas for 10 days. I was only able to walk around the floor once it was open for a few minutes each day but I thought overall the show was pretty good. One night we ate at Benihana's at the Hilton and ended up being seated with SGIA's president and his wife - they were pretty friendly and great to talk to.

We had 6 booths to set up - Arlon, Grimco, Seiko, Mutoh, Mimaki, and Aqua Tint, so we were busy the whole time. Next year in New orlean will definately be interesting!

Here are some pics from the set ups.

Attachments

• SGIA-Exhibit-001.jpg
    SGIA-Exhibit-001.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 67
  • SGIA-Exhibit-002.jpg
    SGIA-Exhibit-002.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 60
  • SGIA-Exhibit-003.jpg
    SGIA-Exhibit-003.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 71
  • SGIA-Exhibit-004.jpg
    SGIA-Exhibit-004.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 71
  • SGIA-Exhibit-005.jpg
    SGIA-Exhibit-005.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 62

Team One Displays

Here are a few more pics of some completed set ups. I took a took a ton of pictures (both at the show and walking around Las Vegas) that I have been intending to post on Facebook- but just haven't had the time.

Attachments

• SGIA-Exhibit-007.jpg
    SGIA-Exhibit-007.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 59
  • SGIA-Exhibit-008.jpg
    SGIA-Exhibit-008.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 73
  • SGIA-Exhibit-009.jpg
    SGIA-Exhibit-009.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 70
  • SGIA-Exhibit-0010.jpg
    SGIA-Exhibit-0010.jpg