• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sharpie on laminate

Kemble

A customer reached out because their wrapped box truck was vandalized with Sharpie then left to bake in the sun. Any suggestions for how to remove the Sharpie without damaging the laminate/print?

tyia

JBurton

Signtologist
+1 for the rapid remover, +2 for the only solution you can bill them for aside from ipa & acetone, +3 for telling them to get a magic eraser and kick rocks (but these actually work by abrading whatever surface you're cleaning, it may dull the gloss laminate pretty noticeably if they really go to town on it. Also, always wear gloves with those things)

Kemble

Ty for all the replies. I’ve forwarded them to the customer. I’ll let you know what worked for him.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
I may be incorrect about this but after using a product like rapid remover or possibly some of the other suggestions, I would have the customer clean off these products with a mild cleaner like soap and water. Some may dry out the laminate if left on there. Just to be safe.

MikePro

A customer reached out because their wrapped box truck was vandalized with Sharpie then left to bake in the sun. Any suggestions for how to remove the Sharpie without damaging the laminate/print?

tyia
rapid remover does pretty well at taking sharpie off laminate without burning the overlam.