Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Sheeter

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by mobileman911, Aug 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. mobileman911

mobileman911 New Member

Aug 26, 2020
    georgia
    I have seen in a couple different threads about using a sheeter for applying pre-mask
    where do you find them, what are they actually called, who makes them
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tags:
  2. Jeff grossman

Jeff grossman Living the dream

Nov 17, 2018
    Pa 19320
  3. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

With a little McGivering and a lot less money, you can have a machine that you can install graphics on 4x8 and mask cut graphics - https://smile.amazon.com/VEVOR-Lami...98721570&sprefix=maunual+lamin,aps,184&sr=8-8. My buddy bought the 50" one, but it's not listed now. Works pretty good but they don't put a lot of volume through it.

Back in the day when everything was cut vinyl I used a Weeder Sheeter. They were worth it then, but in today's world I would choose the laminator above, and or a table-mounted mask dispenser.

4. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

5. McDonald Signs

McDonald Signs McDonald Signs & Graphics

Feb 11, 2013
    Guin, Alabama
    I made these wood brackets out of 3/4" MDO Plywood scrap pieces to hold a 2" Round PVC Pipe, attached them to our 4ft x 8ft weeding table with cutting mat and it works great.
    Been using it for over 15yrs now.... The PVC Pipe Caps hold the pipe in place on between the wood brackets when you pull on the application tape.
    It holds up to 48" wide rolls of application tape. You can pull the application tape the full length of the 4x8 table and it stays above the vinyl to be masked. Your squeegee press the tape
    to the vinyl as you go without wrinkles. One person can apply 48" wide rolls but it helps if 2 people are both squeeging from both sides of the table. Works great. Only problem I've had is if the vinyl has been rolled up and is wavy and not laying flat.....

Attached Files: