• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Sheeter

mobileman911

I have seen in a couple different threads about using a sheeter for applying pre-mask
where do you find them, what are they actually called, who makes them
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
With a little McGivering and a lot less money, you can have a machine that you can install graphics on 4x8 and mask cut graphics - https://smile.amazon.com/VEVOR-Lami...98721570&sprefix=maunual+lamin,aps,184&sr=8-8. My buddy bought the 50" one, but it's not listed now. Works pretty good but they don't put a lot of volume through it.

Back in the day when everything was cut vinyl I used a Weeder Sheeter. They were worth it then, but in today's world I would choose the laminator above, and or a table-mounted mask dispenser.

McDonald Signs

McDonald Signs & Graphics
I made these wood brackets out of 3/4" MDO Plywood scrap pieces to hold a 2" Round PVC Pipe, attached them to our 4ft x 8ft weeding table with cutting mat and it works great.
Been using it for over 15yrs now.... The PVC Pipe Caps hold the pipe in place on between the wood brackets when you pull on the application tape.
It holds up to 48" wide rolls of application tape. You can pull the application tape the full length of the 4x8 table and it stays above the vinyl to be masked. Your squeegee press the tape
to the vinyl as you go without wrinkles. One person can apply 48" wide rolls but it helps if 2 people are both squeeging from both sides of the table. Works great. Only problem I've had is if the vinyl has been rolled up and is wavy and not laying flat.....

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 167