• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shineright anyone?

Techman

$14 bux? who started that lie?

yes, i tried shine right, Op said it was good stuff. The name didn't do much for me..
Its still up right along side some other stuff.. The other stuff is lifting,, shine right is still there looking good and stuck fast..

Marlene

sorry, that's $14.00 for a 10 yard roll at Fellers. It's $39.00 for 50 yd. still kind of sounds like cheap stuff to me. I guess if you are into the "how cheap can I get this sign" market, it's a good choice.

OneUpTenn

I too had a very bad experience with Shinerite....as far as weeding goes anyway. I tried to save money because I was doing some throw away yard signs but wasted all (and more) of what I saved on the vinyl in the time it took to weed it.

I will say this though...I used it for some big letters a while after that and it worked just fine. But weeding the smaller cuts.....651 blows it away.

Techman

sorry, that's $14.00 for a 10 yard roll at Fellers. It's $39.00 for 50 yd. still kind of sounds like cheap stuff to me. I guess if you are into the "how cheap can I get this sign" market, it's a good choice.

As for low cost? its a good product. Don't let low cost bother you. As for weeding.. It can power weed along with the best of them..

Well you all may be surprised to know who makes it.... It an't Avery...

Jackpine

I was told General Formulation. Same as BriteLine and GT, GlossTec from H&H Sign Supply....a merchant member here.
As for low cost? its a good product. Don't let low cost bother you. As for weeding.. It can power weed along with the best of them..

Well you all may be surprised to know who makes it.... It an't Avery...

FatCat

I use it all the time. The white is horrible to weed so i use 651.

I was just going to add that. Just finished my last roll and now I use Oracal 651 for my white. All the other Shinerite colors seem fine, the white must act a little different due to the blue backer or the glue or something???:help:

OldPaint

marelene needs to get glasses or a new price book..form fellers....i aint seen any $39 roll of vinyl......since i buy 24"x50 yard rolls its right at $70.00!!!!!!
LIKE I SAID IN AN EARLIER POST....YOU NEED TO USE CAUTION WHEN WEEDING......so the weeded vinyl doesnt make contact with the vinyl you want for signs.....but then i would call this kinda problem AGAIN OPERATOR ERROR...if you aint learned how to weed.....then dont matter what vinyl you use))))))))
just add...I HAVE NO MORE PROBLEM WITH THE WHITE, THEN ANY OTHER COLOR....
AGAIN OPERATOR ERROR)))))))))))))

FatCat

I don't know what it is...

FWIW - the vinyl seems to have a harder time staying stuck to the backer when weeding, especially on smaller letters and fine lines/type. I'll run the same job on red, black, blue whatever...white doesn't want to separate as easily as do the other colors.

Again, I dunno' and not going to argue about it. Had enough, so I'm only going to use 651 for intermediate white from now on.

SignPainter

I've had good luck weeding on most of the colors. Shinerite "white" has never weeded easy for me and I always have to up the down force on the blade compared to the other colors.