• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shirt prices different 2 hours later?

showcase 66

This morning I called and placed an order with Alpha for 350 Gildan g200 white shirts for one job. I was told once before by one of the operators there to always ask for the case pricing. So I always do. $1.73 a shirt. no big deal.

2 hours later I had a client stop by drop off his check for his shirts and call Alpha up again and talk to a different lady. Order 60 shirts ask for case pricing and what not. She tells me the price per shirt and I thought she said it wrong, but after getting off the phone, the total didnt seem right so I checked the order online and both orders are there. the 350 shirts at $1.73 and the 60 shirts at $1.53.

Where the hell was the 20 cent savings on the 350 shirts. Not sure what happened or if it is correct on the second order. I called and I am waiting for a manager to call me back to see if I can get the 350 at the cheaper price.

One of the guys working for me used to work for a larger shirt shop at one time and he said when they would order they would always ask for the same sales rep and if she wasnt available they would hold off ordering. She always gave them a better price. He said the company had there absolute lowest price and then their sale/regular price and she would give a better price to get her numbers higher which would get her more bonuses.

Not sure if most places have this in effect for the reps, but if that is the case and the lady I spoke with second will give me the better price. I will only order from her from now on.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Seems odd that for a lesser quantity you'd get a better discount.

Sounds as if you're going to open a can of worms. Regardless, they should honor the lower price for the less than two hour old order, in addition.

showcase 66

Seems odd that for a lesser quantity you'd get a better discount.

Sounds as if you're going to open a can of worms. Regardless, they should honor the lower price for the less than two hour old order, in addition.

You would think the better price for the larger quantity.

Turned out an error in their system which benefited me. They had not run my cc on the first order as of when I called and they gave me the better price. Have to say the Customer Service I received was great.

Wow those are great prices. I use sanmar and they arent even close to that.

I used to use Sanmar. They were higher on per shirt but the shipping seemed always quicker. Then I went to imprints since they are only a couple of hours away but I have been really happy with alpha. Plus with the new fedex flex express, I dont pay shipping anymore.

Looked at how much I paid in shipping from a year ago and wow that was a lot of money.