• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shooting in NYC near Empire State Building

phototec

Almost weekly there are more and more reasons for me to carry my concealed hand gun, it's sad, but some day I may need it to shoot back!

:omg:

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
My uncle is a Deputy Police Chief in the town I live in and he is recommending that I get a gun and a license to carry it. It is a sad truth about the times we live in.

d fleming

Been carrying for years, in a previous business I had access to other businesses with master keys, etc. in middle of night while they were closed to do service work. Carrying a firearm has saved me more than once. The first thing you have to ask yourself is can I actually pull the trigger on another human being. If the answer is no, don't carry.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Looks like smart phones (photos and videos) will prove to be valuble in these situations.

"Armed and dangerous" has now been replaced by "Armed, Wired and dangerous".

JB

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Been carrying for years, in a previous business I had access to other businesses with master keys, etc. in middle of night while they were closed to do service work. Carrying a firearm has saved me more than once. The first thing you have to ask yourself is can I actually pull the trigger on another human being. If the answer is no, don't carry.

You bet your sweet bippy I'll pull the trigger and I won't stop until they stop shaking.

Anyone showing signs of harm or danger towards me, mine or friends will have some new banner holes in them so they don't flap around. :wavingflag:

Blaney

I wish Illinois would pass a CC law so I could carry one. I think Illinois is the only state that does not allow it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Guess it won't matter. If you're ambushed or gunned down, it's a different story. No one has a chance unless the gunman is a terrible shot at close range. A sniper shot.... well no one can prepare for that.

Most people carry for self defense. You may know all the Martial Arts in the world and be a top flight Black Belt to the nth degree, but you can't beat a bullet if the gunman is standing 10 feet away.

Mine are for self defense and target shooting. No hunting anymore.... except local varmints.

rjssigns

What's the point of carrying a gun if you get shot first in your head.

If you do you won't know or care because you'll be dead. Same thing with a car accident where you never had a chance, but I assume you still drive and watch out for the other guy.

If there is even a remote chance for me to defend myself I want all available tools at my disposal. Maybe I would be an unfortunate victim of an ambush or maybe I would be the one to put an end to the rampage. If it is the latter I won't be the one standing there wringing his hands, impotent to the threat.

2B

been carrying for years,

Ruger SR9c and several mags will defensive rounds are always within arms reach, except when I have to go through a metal detector

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Now the news is saying that there's a strong chance some of those shot were shot accidentally by the police.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Now the news is saying that there's a strong chance some of those shot were shot accidentally by the police.

I've often wondered what would happen if the cops show up just in time to see the "good guys" shootin' at the "bad guys".

More than likely the "good guys" would get blown away.

JB

thewood

I've often wondered what would happen if the cops show up just in time to see the "good guys" shootin' at the "bad guys".

More than likely the "good guys" would get blown away.

JB

I've often wondered the same thing. When police arrive on a scene similar to this one and they see someone defending himself with a gun, they aren't going to ask if you are the "good guy" before killing you.

Drip Dry

I've often wondered the same thing. When police arrive on a scene similar to this one and they see someone defending himself with a gun, they aren't going to ask if you are the "good guy" before killing you.

This is what happens
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...NvGYLWvXFUXM?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Local

Or this one
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-orders-killed-friendly-fire-article-1.123027

This one was really tragic. The MTA cops had no jurisdiction( they patrol the railroad only) and the retired cop should have been home in bed