Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shooting in NYC near Empire State Building

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by chrisphilipps, Aug 24, 2012.

1. chrisphilipps

chrisphilipps Active Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Wharton, NJ
    Tags:
  2. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Almost weekly there are more and more reasons for me to carry my concealed hand gun, it's sad, but some day I may need it to shoot back!

:omg:

3. chrisphilipps

chrisphilipps Active Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Wharton, NJ
    My uncle is a Deputy Police Chief in the town I live in and he is recommending that I get a gun and a license to carry it. It is a sad truth about the times we live in.

4. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Seriously,

What is wrong with people?

5. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Been carrying for years, in a previous business I had access to other businesses with master keys, etc. in middle of night while they were closed to do service work. Carrying a firearm has saved me more than once. The first thing you have to ask yourself is can I actually pull the trigger on another human being. If the answer is no, don't carry.

6. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Looks like smart phones (photos and videos) will prove to be valuble in these situations.

"Armed and dangerous" has now been replaced by "Armed, Wired and dangerous".

JB

7. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA

You bet your sweet bippy I'll pull the trigger and I won't stop until they stop shaking.

Anyone showing signs of harm or danger towards me, mine or friends will have some new banner holes in them so they don't flap around. :wavingflag:

8. Blaney

Blaney Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Springfield Illinois
    I wish Illinois would pass a CC law so I could carry one. I think Illinois is the only state that does not allow it.

9. tomence

tomence Very Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
    IL
    What's the point of carrying a gun if you get shot first in your head.

10. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Guess it won't matter. If you're ambushed or gunned down, it's a different story. No one has a chance unless the gunman is a terrible shot at close range. A sniper shot.... well no one can prepare for that.

Most people carry for self defense. You may know all the Martial Arts in the world and be a top flight Black Belt to the nth degree, but you can't beat a bullet if the gunman is standing 10 feet away.

Mine are for self defense and target shooting. No hunting anymore.... except local varmints.

11. OlsonSigns601

OlsonSigns601 Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I'm with you there.

12. edgette

edgette Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Yes it is. All other states have some form of carry, even if it's only for residents.

13. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office

If you do you won't know or care because you'll be dead. Same thing with a car accident where you never had a chance, but I assume you still drive and watch out for the other guy.

If there is even a remote chance for me to defend myself I want all available tools at my disposal. Maybe I would be an unfortunate victim of an ambush or maybe I would be the one to put an end to the rampage. If it is the latter I won't be the one standing there wringing his hands, impotent to the threat.

14. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    been carrying for years,

Ruger SR9c and several mags will defensive rounds are always within arms reach, except when I have to go through a metal detector

15. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Now the news is saying that there's a strong chance some of those shot were shot accidentally by the police.

16. Sign Up Graphics

Jan 8, 2007

A lot crazy people in this world.:omg:

17. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State

I've often wondered what would happen if the cops show up just in time to see the "good guys" shootin' at the "bad guys".

More than likely the "good guys" would get blown away.

JB

18. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    I've often wondered the same thing. When police arrive on a scene similar to this one and they see someone defending himself with a gun, they aren't going to ask if you are the "good guy" before killing you.

19. edgette

edgette Member

Jul 12, 2010
    When the cops show up your job is done, I'd be laying my gun down and on the floor so I don't get shot.

20. Drip Dry

Drip Dry Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Long island NY
    This is what happens
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...NvGYLWvXFUXM?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Local

Or this one
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-orders-killed-friendly-fire-article-1.123027

This one was really tragic. The MTA cops had no jurisdiction( they patrol the railroad only) and the retired cop should have been home in bed