• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Boat Wrap....

Marlene

the last version looked prety good. the only problem I have with it is the where the copy is placed. the bluewater and phone number look good but the logo kind of looks thrown on and crowded as the whole front of the design is pretty much blank. it's back heavy with stuff then wide open nothing, maybe move something up front like the logo or the bluewater?

Graphicdetailsinc

The picture here isn't the exact boat, its a much smaller model. On the actual boat the front has a very drastic flare that the layout proof doesn't show. I cant find any good shots to show what i mean but here is the general idea as to why. The top of the bow is very wide tapering to a point at the bottom making the logo face the water and not the target audience.
the last version looked pretty good. the only problem I have with it is the where the copy is placed. the blue water and phone number look good but the logo kind of looks thrown on and crowded as the whole front of the design is pretty much blank. it's back heavy with stuff then wide open nothing, maybe move something up front like the logo or the blue water?

Attachments

• untitled copy.jpg
    untitled copy.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 109

Graphicdetailsinc

we did not do this wrap but here is what im refering to as far as the flare to keep our info out of it.

Attachments

• Boat_wrap.bmp
    382.8 KB · Views: 140

GypsyGraphics

Totally a different direction but...

First, your logo is cool... just have a few versions that work for different layouts, at least a vertical and horizontal version.

I say loose the whole typical blue water fishy thing... it's just so expected! Take advantage of the fact that you're logo and the boat both have the steely look and play that up!

I don't know if you're leaving the shark off your logo, to keep from scaring away the fish.... but it's your logo dude... get it on there!

If you're trying to appeal to the fish... put some cute little "fish bait" fishy below the water line and eye catching "client bait" above.

Red and Steely... don't you think you'd stand out from the crowd with that?

Sorry, I just think you're missing the boat (hehe) on this.... especially when it could be sooo cool!

Oh, and i don't know the first thing about fishing.... so maybe there's a good reason why you see blue on boats so much. If so.... never mind.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's getting better, but that darned fish looks like a lizard with his tongue snapping out at some bait.............

SignManiac

I don't see much in the way of the logo or lettering flowing together. At first glance, to me it just looks like random lettering stuck on the side in random places. Not really a design per se.

Pat Whatley

Maniac there is right. You might want to consider keeping a couple of well endowed, bikini clad young women aboard to distract the average viewer.

JimJenson

Why stop on the sides, you should wrap the bottom with life sized images of school bait fish (finger mullet, mackerel, goggle-eye, bonita, pilchard etc).

Graphicdetailsinc

It's DONE!

Well, We made some changes and went with the over all theme that we had been shooting for. Thanks for the direction about the design. Its so hard to design for yourself

Heres a finished shot (sorry the colors in the photo don't POP like in person... Time for a new camera...)

Attachments

• 100_3702.JPG
    100_3702.JPG
    362.5 KB · Views: 92

fisheye48

i think it looks pretty good...only thing i would have changed is to make the area code just a little bigger so if someone from out of town wants to call you they dont have to search or ask around

sjm

Just curious how much of this graphic will be seen once the boat is in the water? I really liked the color changes and proof you made after Joe's suggestions.

Offtopic: Would you mind changing your Avatar so it's not spinning. I can't really see your logo because the rotation speed is too fast.

I am interested in hearing what vinyl holds up under water. Can anyone help? As I have a quote due the day after tomorrow.

Graphicdetailsinc

Thanks for the compliments! It is 3951 NON RA with 290 Lam

We edge sealed everything with 3m paint protection film along the top, and used the boot stripe as a sealing edge along the lower part.

We have pics during the install if anyone wanted to see.