• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Layout

Reveal1

Not a lam table, but here's a 5'X9' table that we built back in the day, always worked well in our small shop. Thanks for a topic with some normalcy. Getting ready to move everything off the floor (all except media rack on wheels) and give the floor a good clean/polish.

Attachments

• 20200324_074644.jpg
    20200324_074644.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 509

wes70

This was a 4x8 table. Disassembled yesterday and today (hopefully) it will be a 5x8 table with an extension.

Attachments

• FF36D0EB-5766-4D13-B4A3-87074A0DE05D.jpeg
    FF36D0EB-5766-4D13-B4A3-87074A0DE05D.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 459

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I always advise making at least one giant table that’s the length as the longest thing you want to produce. Nothing more annoying than making a 24’ banner on an 8’ table.

bannertime

I had to cut my 20ft table down to make room for new equipment, and man I'm really missing that extra 10ft. I will say the liester hemtek has made this stuff easier. We can knock out 50ft banners on our 10ft table in minutes rather than what would take us like two hours 15 years ago.

Reveal1

I always advise making at least one giant table that’s the length as the longest thing you want to produce. Nothing more annoying than making a 24’ banner on an 8’ table.
Wish I had room for that 24' table. I like the idea of extension or multiple tables that can be butted together in a pinch.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Wish I had room for that 24' table. I like the idea of extension or multiple tables that can be butted together in a pinch.

we have two 3m tables that can be butted up if need be, so approx 20’. It’s not a massive issue now as anything that length goes right into the XY cutter. So it’s only really hemming banners that needs the tables moved sometimes now. Cutting them isn’t the issue.

We get a lot of repeat orders for customers with 4m long poster frames and only had the one 3m table.

As much as the posters didn’t spill onto the floor, it was still annoying cutting a bit then sliding it off/rolling it up. now it takes like 5 seconds in the XY cutter lol.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have a 28' stationary table and a 20' stationary table for doing all kindsa things from painting to vinyl weeding to applying graphics to assembling fixtures and whatnot. Also have several 4' x 10' tables around the shop and two 2' x 10' tables out in the truck bays. About 6 months ago, I built a 3' x 10' table on wheels. Good grief has that thing come in handy. I use it for everything. In fact, that's what I'm building my onion boxes on. Made quick work of building those suckers.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
What does everyone use on the tops? Anyone not using a cutting mat? We put formica on ours, its easy enough to go over every couple of years

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most are duron, with 3 or 4 coats of urathane. Some are just bare 3/4" plywood and some are old pieces of poly signs on the back. I ain't picky. None of that fancy expensive sh!t.

bannertime

We use those thicker "self healing" cutting mats. The first set lasted over 20 years. Once you use up one side in like 5-10 years you flip it over and it's good as new. Expensive yeah, maybe, but very worth it in my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Ldireprophil

Tables and storage are important parts of your shop.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2902.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2902.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 327
  • thumbnail_IMG_2901.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2901.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 336
  • thumbnail_IMG_2900.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2900.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 339
  • thumbnail_IMG_2899.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2899.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 331
  • thumbnail_IMG_2898.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2898.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 330
  • thumbnail_IMG_2897.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2897.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 319
  • thumbnail_IMG_2896.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2896.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 368

jbennett

I'm about to build around a 4' x 16' work table. Anyone that wants to show off ones they have that they love and provide some ideas/inspiration, I sure would appreciate it.

jbennett

Jester

Slow is Fast
Great info on what dimensions (w x h) are working well. What is the consensus on the best working height for a table? I built my first one, a 4' x 8', at waist height, but now that seems a little tall when working on the larger pieces.