• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Pics

I'm still in awe of the floor in the vehicle area.

With those 6-8 weeks of vacation you europeans enjoy every year on average, I can tell where you must spend part of yours. LOL

At least we Americans can use the excuse that we just don't get enough time off during the year to properly clean our shops.

It will be lucky if I get 3-4 weeks vacation:D. I clean me shop every week. I think that the appearance of your shop shows how your customers think your deliver your product/services.

Last edited:
20180129_164914.jpg 20180129_164928.jpg 20180129_165018.jpg 20180129_165044.jpg 20180129_165054.jpg 20180129_165133.jpg 20180129_165154.jpg
Here's our place. About 3000 square feet. The only thing I'm not showing is our 'bay'. It's got a 6'3" tall door and is about 12' x 16', so needless to say, we do most of our vehicle lettering/graphics on location or outdoors, as weather permits.

TimToad

View attachment 132548 View attachment 132549 View attachment 132550 View attachment 132551 View attachment 132552 View attachment 132553 View attachment 132554
Here's our place. About 3000 square feet. The only thing I'm not showing is our 'bay'. It's got a 6'3" tall door and is about 12' x 16', so needless to say, we do most of our vehicle lettering/graphics on location or outdoors, as weather permits.

Damn, that is a no messing around screenprinting operation. Sweet.

decalman

Very nice shed. Is that your shop ??

Here are 3 photos of our shop. The truck bay area can house up to 5 vans at one time and still have room both sides, front and back. We raised the roof to 16' for almost 60', so we could put tractor trailers in there, too.Heat out there isn't great, but in our 17 years there, it has done well.
The other is our old paint room, which still sees a lotta painting, but more vinyl work is done in there, these days. It's also the place that houses most of our tools and the Keen Cutter and Fletcher. The far end is a one-armed bandit with racks. The other picture is the reason for this post. We built a second floor around the top of our flatbed room. This was the original vinyl room, until 2009, when we purchased our flatbed. There are more rooms and work areas. The whole shop is around 8,800 sq ft

View attachment 132526 View attachment 132527
View attachment 132528
If I showed you mine, it would make your day.
Hint.... it's smaller than yours. You'll make fun of me.... you animal.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Around 2400 (includes 750 square feet storage space) square feet, one man :)
You must promote cut vinyl quite often? Do people request cut vinyl over there?

Your fingers must hate you for not just printing everything.

You must promote cut vinyl quite often? Do people request cut vinyl over there?

Your fingers must hate you for not just printing everything.

Hi HDvinyl,

Depends on the order, usually it's up to me to decide if I use cut vinyl or print.
I just wanted to have the most of our colors in stock. So a rush order is possible. This works also for printing in combination with the HP Latex.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Coert, It looks nice but it doesn't look like a real shop. Look like a trade-show booth whats with the balloons?

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If I showed you mine, it would make your day.
Hint.... it's smaller than yours. You'll make fun of me.... you animal.

No, I wouldn't. If it's efficient and gets all of your work out the door and you can handle to your max, then it's all ya need. My first shop was 26' x 35'. I also had in the beginning, 7 people working in there. We all had stations and hand-painted everything. No need for laminators, printers and all this digital stuff of today. Just paint stations and one screen operator.

Heck, today, I have some Hammond organs in the shop, a PA system and 2 bicycles...... but they aren't really taking up any valuable space. What I have too much of is cut-offs. They make the walls creep in on ya.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
No, I wouldn't. If it's efficient and gets all of your work out the door and you can handle to your max, then it's all ya need. My first shop was 26' x 35'. I also had in the beginning, 7 people working in there. We all had stations and hand-painted everything. No need for laminators, printers and all this digital stuff of today. Just paint stations and one screen operator.

Heck, today, I have some Hammond organs in the shop, a PA system and 2 bicycles...... but they aren't really taking up any valuable space. What I have too much of is cut-offs. They make the walls creep in on ya.

Your shop needs some decorative balloons

visualeyez

You all are like here is "our shop" or this is pics of "the shop" but how many of you are actually posting pics of your own ONE MAN SHOPS? Cool you have a job, but you don't get it till you own your own shop. It's a hard life you probably don't want.

DerbyCitySignGuy

You all are like here is "our shop" or this is pics of "the shop" but how many of you are actually posting pics of your own ONE MAN SHOPS? Cool you have a job, but you don't get it till you own your own shop. It's a hard life you probably don't want.

Yeah, how dare anybody take any pride in being part of a team? YOU AREN'T HARDCORE SIGN GUY ENOUGH TO STEP TO THIS!

:rolleyes:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Of all people Gino...Papyrus? of all typeface connoisseurs...

Wha.....??

I never said I can't stand or don't like Papyrus. I tend to like it, when used in the right conditions. For those who think there is no right situation, think again.​

victor bogdanov

About to celebrate 1 year in this building after 9 years of running the business out of 2 homes. 3000sq ft with 750 of it office space.
20210607_121100.jpg
20210607_120837.jpg