• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

shop room/work table finished

IGD

just finished the new room for my home based busines in a seprate building on my property, start to move everything in tmrw, its not huge but Itll do for now, also built this work table today with some scraps I had, nothing special. Im trying to get some ideas on how I could build something for it to hold vinyl and what not. any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMAG0394.jpg
    IMAG0394.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 179
  • IMAG0395.jpg
    IMAG0395.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 184
That Room Looks like a head ache waiting to happen.

Hold vinyl how? as in around the bottom or horizontal on the top to sheet it out like if you are masking??

IGD

That Room Looks like a head ache waiting to happen.

Hold vinyl how? as in around the bottom or horizontal on the top to sheet it out like if you are masking??
haha well It's much better than where I was before and Its built above a full size garge so I have downstairs to do wraps and vehicle graphics, when I eventually enter that market, and somewhere around the bottom I wanna build something but not too sure on how I should go about doing it..

IGD

and it has full heating and a/c, I was in two small rooms at my house, are you saying headache because of the walls?

704signs

You could install a fireman pole so you can get to the garage for all sign emergency's ... I have been thinking about a siren for my truck for mine.

I had a bedroom shaped like that growing up, constantly hit my head when participating in extra curricular activity.

If you wanted to stand you vinyl rolls on end id just make a tray large enough for them to fit on two or three sides.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Might want to ditch the carpet.
5 second rule doesn't work with vinyl dropped sticky side down.

wayne k
guam usa

IGD

Might want to ditch the carpet.
5 second rule doesn't work with vinyl dropped sticky side down.

wayne k
guam usa
thought about that but didnt want to spend any more money,it was extra carpet from when the house got redone

IGD

I had a bedroom shaped like that growing up, constantly hit my head when participating in extra curricular activity.

If you wanted to stand you vinyl rolls on end id just make a tray large enough for them to fit on two or three sides.
lol extra curricular activities huh?

IGD

I was thinking about attatching some hooks on each side of the legs in rows going down and I could lay like pvc accross or woodin dowl poles or something like that?

CP Signs

I'll post a pic tomorrow of the table finished. Holds vinyl, transfer tape, have a roll of megnetics on rollers at one end, drawers the whole 9 yards. Lol.
ForumRunner_20121203_210736.png

IGD

I'll post a pic tomorrow of the table finished. Holds vinyl, transfer tape, have a roll of megnetics on rollers at one end, drawers the whole 9 yards. Lol.
View attachment 82519
oh that was your table, yea ive seen this in another thread somewhere, looks really nice, great work. I dont know that I wanna store my vinyl like that, would rather have it on a pole horizontaly so that none of the vinyl would touch anything, I wanna build something with the drawers like yours tho

CP Signs

Lmao. My wife thinks I'm losing my mind. Our kitchen cabinets are plane and my work table has cherry wood. Lol. At my other shop, I had no room for a real work table. I had a "L" shape work bench. It was driving me nuts.