• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop tables

AlexT

Rivet shelving. We have three 4x8 tables with a shelf underneath, for the past 15 years, sturdy as a tank. Each shelf can hold 2500 pounds. The frames cost me $129 each, you have to add your own wood sheets.

auto accents sc

If you go with the banquet table, you can elevate it with PVC pipe. Slip it over the table legs. It is actually quite sturdy. We used one like that for years.

Rooster

I built my own and just used teflon sliders in the bottom of the legs.

The only thing I'd do different next time is make it 5x10' or 6x12' instead of 4x8'.

Mal

4x8. Build them yourself--sturdy enough to support your own weight if you need to hop up there. Beauty is irrelevant. Functionality is key. Masonite top over plywood, replace the masonite when it gets too ratty. And locking castors, god, yeah.
--mal

LoGl

I just needed to add my two cents as well....the best thing I ever did (and this is my second go round in the biz after having some kiddos) was build two 4 x 8 table. They look very much like the ones posted here but having two is key. And casters too. We roll these suckers all over the shop. I have a double bay garage and when a car is not in, they are in the middle of the shop. When I have a really long project, you roll them end to end to give you a 4 x 16. Also, we mount our brown wrapping paper rolls in between the legs (under the tabletop) for easy access and no lifting or moving. These are the two true "workhorses" of our shop.

Salmoneye

I just built a 4'x8' out of wood and it came out nice. Found some locking casters at Harbor Freight and that was a big mistake. First brake I stepped on broke, the other three brakes wouldn't hold the table from moving when I would push the squigee down the table on a long print. I took them off and found a store in Amarillo called casters of all things. $15. each and they sold me a great set of casters with awesome brakes. I told them I needed good staying traction on concrete and they even changed the poly wheels our for rubber while I waited and at the same price.

Mosh

We have 3 5x16 tables. We got them from a sewing factory, they were used to cut fabric. We have them covered with cutting mats from speed-press.

ncastrellon

I'm making a 5'x8' working area by placing 2 30"x96" Phillocraft tables side by side. The only obstacle I'm running into is the "tabletop". Anyone know where I can buy a 5'x10' piece of plate glass? I know I can get a cutting mat this size but I'm just keeping my options open if this is available.

Just Me

I'm making a 5'x8' working area by placing 2 30"x96" Phillocraft tables side by side. The only obstacle I'm running into is the "tabletop". Anyone know where I can buy a 5'x10' piece of plate glass? I know I can get a cutting mat this size but I'm just keeping my options open if this is available.
any glass company should be able to cut it, thats where we got ours:wink:

ONLINE SIGN GUY

We built a 4 x 12 foot l shaped bench, we built after a major flood we went through. I did a 4 x 6 wing of to the side to hold misc. Items such as blades squegees, towels, spray and ect. That way the main work surface is always free of clutter....well maybee not all the way cleared but you get the point.

There is also full storage underneath including containers for weeded vinyl and another for the paper backing which we recycle. Thr frame legas are constructed from 4x4 and the side braces are 2x4...im a big guy and i can stand on top and walk around.

We have 2 storage drawers that are on each end and we opped it of with a cutting mat, works great, i will post a pic soon.

onesource

Go GREEN use beer cans and sheetrock!

Really they are easy but will take a little time to knock out a decent one but worth the while.

copythat

4' x 8' Table

Those numbers are crazy to purchase. If your not a handyman, you can hire a neighborhood guy that is crafty to purchase the wood & built it. We build our table last year with pic's we got from others in this forum. It cost around $80+ for material and 3 hours to put together. Oh yeah, on casters!

partysigns09

i just finished building my table with an existing 3'x10' table i had in the store with a 4'x10 3/4" ply wood top on it. i just got a endura cutting mat from signwarehouse for it, but am having a brain freeze as to hold it down to the table top. looking at the mat material i cant figure out how or what to hold it to the table with?

any ideas.

thanks,

auto accents sc

We had the same issue. I had a piece of aluminum angle. I put a piece on each end and one short piece on the side i worked. Eventually I removed the short piece on the work side. It did eventually lay flat.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
i just finished building my table with an existing 3'x10' table i had in the store with a 4'x10 3/4" ply wood top on it. i just got a endura cutting mat from signwarehouse for it, but am having a brain freeze as to hold it down to the table top. looking at the mat material i cant figure out how or what to hold it to the table with?

any ideas.

thanks,

Banner tape. Here and there around the perimeter has been working for me for the last four years.

Redwave Signs

I picked up 4 tables at the Gottchalks warehouse when they closed their doors for $150. 6'x 3' metal frame, melanine tops, counter height, I just need to add some shelves, best investment I have made ... so make sure you check your local auctions and warehouse sales. On the last few days they were selling the tables for $20.