• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Truck Partial Wrap

Joe Diaz

We finished up our truck today. To be honest I go through stages of liking it and than not liking it. It is different to say the least. We'll probably keep it on there for a year or two, than try something new. I think next time won't be a wrap at all. Something a lot more simplistic. This is the third design for this truck.

We used Oracal 3951 G RA for the print, silver metallic on part of the logo, and Oracal Ultra Leaf Gold for the stripe that goes across the top.

Also I posted a photo of a little work cart my dad made for pin-striping. Thought you all might get a kick out of that.

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    395.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    372.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    298.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    392.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 116

Carl Crabtree

Looks good. I've been thinking about something similar for our truck. Last
Time I did one side of it and then pulled it back off. It's harder to design for
Yourself then for the customer. Nice job.

sardocs

That truly is a beautiful truck job. Much nicer than any shop vehicle I've seen for quite a while. Is the silver metalic just cut vinyl on top of the print? If so , does it go under the laminate on the printed vinyl first, or just on top? I've never been sure if it's okay to put vinyl on top of the laminate film.

soniczed

nice design
on the cart too
do you use it for applying transfer paper only or can you laminate with it also.

Joe Diaz

Thanks all

Is the silver metalic just cut vinyl on top of the print? If so , does it go under the laminate on the printed vinyl first, or just on top? I've never been sure if it's okay to put vinyl on top of the laminate film.

Both the gold and silver are cut and applied over top of the laminate. I'm not sure what laminate you are using, but we've had good luck applying over our Oracal gloss lam.

1_big.jpg
We did a whole fleet of these over 5 years ago. Most of it is print. The white part of the lettering is reflective installed over top of the lamination. The star was printed on white reflective and applied over the lamination too. These cars get a lot of wear and tear and the graphics still look good.

Yeah the original goal of this truck was to instead laminate it in matte. Where the crazy background design is now, was going to be a flat color. Then that same design was going to be cut out of gloss and installed over that matte. So rather than color it would be a subtle difference in sheen. I think it would have been a cool effect. The lettering and big red stripes would also be gloss. But the old man pulled seniority on me. He doesn't like matte.

sardocs

Thanks for the info Joe. We have been using Oraguard 290 cast lam on just about everything. I have put cast vinyls overtop on jobs in the past, but was never sure if it was gonna go the distance. Again, that truck looks so sharp!

johnnysigns

You're pretty tough on yourself Joe, that's one of the nicest wrap layouts I've ever seen. The previous design was a huge favorite of mine as well.