• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Truck Wrap

kstompaint

Here's how we're wrapping one of my trucks. It gets personal use, too and I was more concerned about making it look cool than it being a billboard. I realize it ain't gonna pass a "squint test," I just don't really care on this one.... It looks much better with the 24" chrome wheels too.

Attachments

• ICONTRUCKWRAP.jpg
    ICONTRUCKWRAP.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 787

Pat Whatley

Doesn't pass the squint test, name is hard as hell to read, I don't see a phone number....and I think the whole thing is badassed. Sure, there's a section of society that won't get it...but they won't be able to read it anyway so forget them!

Joe Diaz

I don't see why you can't archive the look you are going for and also have it pass the squint test. If you know it is hard to read, why wouldn't you want to fix that? It wouldn't be hard to do at all. Just mess around with your color values.

Last edited:

zmatalucci

I think if you changed the color of your logo, it will still be "badassed" yet legible at the same time. That goes for all of your text

kstompaint

I think if you changed the color of your logo, it will still be "badassed" yet legible at the same time. That goes for all of your text
Any suggestions on what to change it to? We had it white and it looked like hell. Again, I realize that it will look like "pot pourri at 65 MPH," but I don't care.

Pat- You've nailed my perspective on it... Nobody remembers a phone number anyway and the website (work in progress) will be on all 4 sides of the truck.

airborneassault

I love it! It looks really edgy and noticeable...let me put it this way if it was parked I'd turn around just to take another gander at it. The tattoo styling really sets it apart. I agree that nobody remembers a phone number but what about slapping it on the back view thru anyway just for good measure? Excellent job!

-Nathan

kstompaint

Thanks... Justin that works for me actually does tattoos on the side and he did most of the design work on this one. We haven't set up the artwork for the rear window yet and the phone # is a possibility for that.

Brandon708

the design is great. Looks like a tattoo like Airborne said. Your logo probably is how its show on the truck but there is not enough contrast that it sticks out. I really like the purple and teal how that pops. Try that for your logo

Edit: or maybe just change the black outline around your logo to the teal or purple.

Heis3335

I like the way it looks, but no way would I ever advertise for my own business by not caring if people could read it. If Joe Blow can't read what a sign company is advertising on their truck, why would he hire them to wrap his. Just my $.02

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Very good point, Heis.

For the OP.... what are you targeting, if anything at all, since this is only to look cool and not bring in any business ??

It doesn't make sense from a business standpoint, unless you think it will attract that sort of traffic for your business. In that case, then you might want to reconsider if anyone can read it or not. It doesn't really sound good if someone says they have no idea of what they just saw, but it caught their attention. So what ??

That's kinda like owning a gun for protection, but you never carry any bullets around with you. It just looks good, but won't get you anywhere.

kstompaint

There are not a lot of other shops doing wraps around us. We do plenty of commercial looking wraps and they always yield us more work. Most people around here know who we are and what we have done. There is definitely a sacrifice of legibility in favor of just looking cool, which was intentional and I think that's obvious.

I'll save all caps Helvedica with no effects for the next job.

Adam- I know exactly what you are referring to... and I get it, but few on the East Coast do have it! And those that do just haven't pulled it off right.

Dan Antonelli

Looks cool, but as stated, somewhat illegible. Will definitely turn a few heads - but wonder if people will remember or be able to tell what it was for. At quick glance, I might think it was for Icon Tattoos, because I can read Icon decent, but sign company is a little harder. I think I'd like it more if your secondary copy had better legibility. The thick and thin strokes are really horrible for legibility.

But it's definitely badass - just wish it was more legible and still badass!

ProWraps

i think it looks good. its like the shop truck i just did. more of a fun design, badassed type thing. not everything you do has to be 100% to get business. it will appeal to a certain crowd and if you like it, so be it. roll with it.

speedmedia

Parts I like parts I really dislike. I feel like if you clean up the background it will in turn make the logos and other parts easier to read.

I like the tattoo style which is really big now but the background looks like Ed Hardy's underwear...lol

Is there are way to be a bit more subtle with the background and make the stuff on the foreground that counts pop more.

Chris should post the work truck he just did. I really like it, same type of look and feel but readable and clean.:rock-n-roll:

Thanks,
Kurt