• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop van design critique

modernmav

Hey guys, working on a design for our new shop van and wanted to get opinions and critiques from you all before we moved on to printing. Thanks!

Attachments

• shopvanproof1.jpg
    shopvanproof1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 98
  • shopdriverproof.jpg
    shopdriverproof.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 94

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's hard on the eyes and why do you have different messages on the two sides ??

Jillbeans

It's hard to read in the thumbnails and jarring once enlarged.
Lacks contrast, lacks flow, very busy.
The red on reddish orange is particularly difficult to read.
Love....Jill

signgal

I get the cool factor of Wraps but when you cover half of it up with other words and put it on such a busy background with little contrast and have a pattern on the letters themselves... just too much. take it down to greyscale and remove some of the gobbley-goop (yes, that's a technical term) and try it out on us again. Also, the font for your list is old fashioned and quirky which doesn't match what you're doing with the rest of the design.

modernmav

thanks guys!
1. The T-shirts logo has been the same design for years, and the boss wants to keep it.
2. He wanted it obnoxiously bright and eye catching, but I will definitely work on readability.
3. It has different messages on each side because we have the T-Shirt shop up front and the Wrap/Sign shop in the back so we wanted to advertise both, any better ideas on this?

(Just numbered all the responses to try and make sure I answered all comments)

artbot

orange blue and red are all midtones. you could push the white behind the halftones way way further out for better contrast if you are sold on the colors. before finishing a design like this squint your eyes and consider that this van will be speeding down the highway.

and maybe do the "store fronts, lettering, etc" text as a repeating in a stripe down the middle of the van. intersecting with the logo.

modernmav

thank you artbot for adding more suggestions that we can work on. I will try that and see how it looks. any other suggestions on colors? i know green is complimentary to red and orange to blue (the two many logo colors). that was why i chose orange as the bg color

modernmav

here's one more quick pic messing with the original design a little, also trying a new one from scratch but wanted to get comments on this one first. i tried to add more contrast and change the font/colors a little bit. thanks

Attachments

• vandrproof2.jpg
    vandrproof2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 82

modernmav

here is all i have so far on a from scractch version taking in some of your suggestions, having trouble coming up with something more for the yellow background to match the main image...

Attachments

• newvanwrapsmallproof1blue.jpg
    newvanwrapsmallproof1blue.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 85
  • newvanwrapsmallproof1orange.jpg
    newvanwrapsmallproof1orange.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 69

SignManiac

That's actually a big improvement... Try as many concepts as you can come up with and don't get mired down on one direction only. Take the extra time to make this project one of you absolute best. This is your company after all.